Unknown News

I'm not sure where I can post this so here it goes.

I've been looking for this for awhile now and unable to find anything on it.

Does anyone remember reading about an unknown or undetermined spices found somewhere in Asia that they had to call in other scientists to help find out what it was? It was said to may be a squid. (this is not the one about the colossal squid this one came after) I read it on Yahoo and I think Reuters but cannot find the link anymore.

Hey i remember something about that--- what comes to my memory was brazil, or was it alaska, may i have no idea really. BUT i so remember reading about this, and maybe even seeing a picture. I wish i could remember where. In my faint memory of it i i thought there was something else extraordinary about it that made it a notable find, something that made me want to learn more and yet i have forgotten till now. I think i might have even read it on this site, either that or in the newspaper. Perhaps my memories have been modified by time (whatever faint it is), but i'm almost sure something is there on the subject. You probably wanted a more specific info on it though.

WHAT if this squid is somehow connected to some dangerously freedom giving knowledge, and so some great secret reigning power has modified enough of it out of our memory that we dont care, but not cut enough to make us suspicious of the job.

Who is trying to hide it from us? The aliens? the government? the