test

Genady

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your proposal, but working all day with computers, and not too far from my retirement (1.5 year), I discover that learning complete new frameworks is a little bit too much. I am working with databases, and am not too bad at it, and in that cognitive frame I am still capable of learning. But for the one or the other formula in Latex, maybe once per 2 months, I would already have forgotten how I did it. But thanks anyway, very kind of you. 

Best,

Eise

Edited by Eise

No problem the easiest way I find is to use the command tags \[\frac{1}{2}\.]

I put a dot in the last command to to prevent activation.

For inline ie on the same line use

\(\frac{1}{2}\.)

What's handy about these tags is you don't need to type [\math]  [.\math] [\latex] [.\latex] the inline for these two commands is imath  and ilatex 

Edited by Mordred

An interesting option is to get hold of a good WYSIWYG editor --there are many--, and generate the LateX code to copy and paste. You only have to worry about the code-wrapping symbols.

On 4/24/2024 at 4:40 AM, joigus said:

An interesting option is to get hold of a good WYSIWYG editor --there are many--, and generate the LateX code to copy and paste. You only have to worry about the code-wrapping symbols.

You also have to worry about whether particular codes are recognised on this site... some aren't. So even if you write something using a LaTeX editor and everything looks fine, some of it may not be recognised when transferred to this site. Thus, it is always a good idea to test something you've not used before in The Sandbox before posting it in a thread for real.

Edited by KJW

4 hours ago, KJW said:

You also have to worry about whether particular codes are recognised on this site... some aren't. So even if you write something using a LaTeX editor and everything looks fine, some of it may not be recognised when transferred to this site. Thus, it is always a good idea to test something you've not used before in The Sandbox before posting it in a thread for real.

Of course. Watch out for things like,

\use_package amsmath 1
\use_package amssymb 1
\use_package cancel 1
\use_package esint 1
\use_package mathdots 0
\use_package mathtools 1
\use_package mhchem 1
\use_package stackrel 1
\use_package stmaryrd 1
\use_package undertilde 1

etc on your headers, that some of these editors automatically generate but doesn't 'tell' you about. Good point.

\.begin{array}{rcl} a&b&c\\a&b&c\\a&b&c\end{array} 

\begin{array}{rcl} a&b&c\\a&b&c\\a&b&c\end{array}  

interesting the \begin{array} self activates

f(z) = \left\{ \.begin{array}{rcl} a&b&c\\a&b&c\\a&b&c\end{array} \right .

\[f(z) = \left\{ \begin{array}{rcl} a&b&c\\a&b&c\\a&b&c\end{array} \right .\]

Edited by Mordred

[math]\vec{\nu}_e + p^+ \overset{W^+}{\longrightarrow} n^0 + e^+[/math]

[math]\;[/math]
[math]\array{\vec{\nu}_e \searrow && \nearrow n^0 \\ & \overset{W^+}{\leadsto} & \\ p^+ \nearrow && \searrow e^+}[/math]

Edited by Orion1