A problem to the theory of relativity ?

Bjarne-7

1 hour ago, swansont said:

What would this be?

Relativity has been confirmed by experiment many times, so the answer is that the effect of any new transformation must be no larger than the experimental error of the best experiments we’ve done.

Introduction of the ruler as a relativistic variant in a gravity field must, as I mentioned, be understood as a additional proportional relativistic variable.
In other words: -  time dilation does not change or vanish, and thus neither does GPS and much else.

So fare this is only a very small part of an upheaval that will certainly come.
If you think the new through to the end, several misinterpretations and thus weaknesses in the theory are revealed.

The universe is full of very big mysteries, and seen from that perspective, the theory of relativism solves very little.

I have no doubt that a modified version will be a much more effective tool for understanding a large number of great mysteries such as for example:

- Dark Matter
- Dark Energy
- Dark Flow
- Flyby anomalies
- Planet 9, which (is not a planet) but testifies to something completely different.
- Omuamua's Mysterious Orbit
- Spooky Alignment of Quasars Across Billions of Light-years  here   
- Pioneer anomalies (Two NASA teams researching this anomaly did not agree)  here  and here

I am absolutely sure that there is a "common thread" running through all of this, and all of these mysteries will be solved by the help of the same common denominator.  

It would be too extensive to go into all this at the present time, and it is probably also useless until there is solid evidence that a modification of the theory of relativity is necessary.

Edited by Bjarne-7

6 minutes ago, Bjarne-7 said:

Introduction of the ruler as a relativistic variant in a gravity field must, as I mentioned, be understood as a additional proportional relativistic variable.
In other words: -  time dilation does not change or vanish, and thus neither does GPS and much else.

Is it your contention that this is new?

6 minutes ago, Bjarne-7 said:

If you think the new through to the end, several misinterpretations and thus weaknesses in the theory are revealed.

What tests of GR have not agreed with theory?

39 minutes ago, Bjarne-7 said:

Is this just a feeling you have?

40 minutes ago, Bjarne-7 said:

Nothing you have said gives me the slightest pause about the viability of relativity.

41 minutes ago, Bjarne-7 said:

The universe is full of very big mysteries, and seen from that perspective, the theory of relativism solves very little.

Yes, relativity is not a GUT.

44 minutes ago, Bjarne-7 said:

I am absolutely sure that there is a "common thread" running through all of this, and all of these mysteries will be solved by the help of the same common denominator.

That's nice, but since your not a physicist your opinion counts for little.

45 minutes ago, Bjarne-7 said:

It would be too extensive to go into all this at the present time,

That is quite rather glaring dodge, lol...

44 minutes ago, Bjarne-7 said:

I have no doubt that a modified version will be a much more effective tool for understanding a large number of great mysteries such as for example:

- Dark Matter
- Dark Energy
- Dark Flow
- Flyby anomalies
- Planet 9, which (is not a planet) but testifies to something completely different.
- Omuamua's Mysterious Orbit
- Spooky Alignment of Quasars Across Billions of Light-years  here   
- Pioneer anomalies (Two NASA teams researching this anomaly did not agree)  here  and here

It would be too extensive to go into all this at the present time, and it is probably also useless until there is solid evidence that a modification of the theory of relativity is necessary.

"An upheaval will certainly come..."

I was wondering when you were gonna shut down all pretence that you're doing science and start with the prophetic language.

And there you go. What took you so long?