Dehydrated Water

Photon Guy

For what it's worth, we were using lead lined coffins long before we had discovered radioactivity.
https://gizmodo.com/workers-discover-700-year-old-lead-coffin-beneath-notre-1848660870

Lead is watertight.

(well... we can call it "water".)

A zinc lined lead coffin (once it's occupied)  is an electrolytic cell to generate hydrogen.
That's... not what I'd have done.

1 minute ago, John Cuthber said:

For what it's worth, we were using lead lined coffins long before we had discovered radioactivity.
https://gizmodo.com/workers-discover-700-year-old-lead-coffin-beneath-notre-1848660870

Lead is watertight.

One of the references I perused noted that the Russians typically used plain old wood coffins. Others note that the whole section of the cemetery was buried in concrete

On 7/17/2023 at 6:58 PM, swansont said:

What is a “radioactive spider” anyway? Merely irradiated? What about it is radioactive, and how, specifically, did that happen? The comic says it “absorbed a fantastic amount of radioactivity” which is good copy but is nonsensical, technically speaking 

You would have to ask Stan Lee if you want to know exactly what kind of radioactive spider we're talking about when we're talking about the spider that bit Spiderman.

On 7/17/2023 at 8:49 PM, mistermack said:

I have access to water when I need it, without having to lug around lots of water. And I don't have to lug lots of hydrogen around either. Having water available in water mains is pretty good. No lugging involved. Just turn on the tap.

If an alien world had an oxygen-rich atmosphere, that means it would be sure to have plants that photosynthesise, and that would mean rain on land and oceans of water. So making water available would be a similar process to what we do on Earth. 

So can you have access to good drinking water without having to lug large amounts of water around, when you don't have running water? Let's say you're out in a desert. Or let's say you are in an area that does have water in the form of oceans and rain, is it drinkable water? The water in our oceans is not drinkable for various reasons, not the least being that it contains way too much salt. That's the problem with water that you find in nature, it could not be the drinkable kind. 

19 hours ago, swansont said:

One of the references I perused noted that the Russians typically used plain old wood coffins. Others note that the whole section of the cemetery was buried in concrete

I also read that zinc coffins have been used in the USSR to repatriate the bodies of dead soldiers. 

54 minutes ago, Photon Guy said:

You would have to ask Stan Lee if you want to know exactly what kind of radioactive spider we're talking about when we're talking about the spider that bit Spiderman.

So can you have access to good drinking water without having to lug large amounts of water around, when you don't have running water? Let's say you're out in a desert. Or let's say you are in an area that does have water in the form of oceans and rain, is it drinkable water? The water in our oceans is not drinkable for various reasons, not the least being that it contains way too much salt. That's the problem with water that you find in nature, it could not be the drinkable kind. 

True, but lugging around a supply of compressed hydrogen would be worse than water. 

4 hours ago, Photon Guy said:

Well, that's the situation we live in now. It's not practical now, to carry hydrogen to make water, so why would it be practical elsewhere? I have a portable water filter that makes drinkable water out of lake, river, or pond water. It weighs very little, and lasts for years, so if there's water in the environment, you can use it. Salt water can be used for drinking if you make a solar still, or have a reverse osmosis pump. All much more portable than heavy steel tanks of hydrogen.