Gravitational pulses looking for clarification

Hi my name is Nick. I have absolutely zero scientific background. But I run things through my head every once in awhile, the latest thing that I was running through my head was gravitational pulsation waves. I searched it up on the internet which sadly is my main source of information. But the only thing I could find on it was  tsunami sized events when I'm more interested in is the normal pulsation / waves that are created by the abnormalities of gravitational generators. If anybody knows of anything I can read to get an understanding I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Njwythe
Extra word that didn't need to be there

17 hours ago, Njwythe said:

I'm more interested in is the normal pulsation / waves that are created by the abnormalities of gravitational generators.

I'm not sure what you mean by gravitational generator.  I suppose you mean any mass is a gravitational generator?  What abnormalities in a mass would cause gravitational pulsation waves?  

What is a gravitational pulsation wave?

Okay the way that I understand gravity is Mass plus Centrifugal force plus rotational force = gravity. Now when you spin a top and the top has even a little inconsistency in its shape the top is going to create a energy wave. on Earth that energy wave comes in the form of a higher directional air flow aka wind with larger items aka the Earth we are not in we are not perfectly shaped for spinning so that means that we tilt and wobble as  we wobble gravity being pressed outwards should ebb and flow not by a drastic amount but by an amount. Were a sun going supernova or a planet being destroyed would create tsunami sized event. I hope you understand what I mean

Edited by Njwythe

Meaning that in my mind at least I do not believe gravity is a constant but it is like an ocean where it has waves of high peaks and low peaks now like I said at the beginning no scientific background but curious about cause and effect

The reason behind my question is I was thinking that if you could find the central location of where these waves from three or more masses intersect you could create a power generator at that point using the ebb and flow of gravitational energy to create power probably the dumb idea but I thought it was fun thinking about

Well gravity is described by spacetime under GR. Gravity only results by non uniform mass/energy distribution. Such as a planet as a common example. The planet has higher mass density than its surroundings. Spacetime is just a geometric description of volume with time as a dimension of length via the interval ct. spacetime itself isn't a fabric or substance but is simply the geometry. When you hear descriptions of curved spacetime. What they are actually describing is the geodesic particle paths that massive and massless particles follow. Take two parallel beams of light. If the beams stay parallel then you have flat spacetime (no gravity) if the beams no longer stay parallel and converge.  (get closer) then you have positive curvature. If they move further apart then its negative curvature.

Okay I understand that but I am working on the theory that there is an energy transfer created when you have any Mass moving so I'm more talking about the byproduct of gravity then gravity itself. If that makes any sense to you

Is there anything I can read that gives a a simplified explanation of GR I honestly don't understand the math portion of theoretical astrophysics

Edited by Njwythe

Tricky as much of the details are in the mathematics however some textbooks are geared to those without a strong background in mathematics.

Sean Carroll has a decent free article which does include the relevant math but he does an excellent job stepping one into it.

https://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/9712019

If you don't mind buying textbooks then I recommend

Introductory to General relativity by Lewis Ryder. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Introduction-General-Relativity-Lewis-Ryder/dp/1108798373

some online video lectures are also helpful 

https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/8-962-general-relativity-spring-2020/video_galleries/video-lectures/

Edited by Mordred

9 hours ago, Njwythe said:

Is there anything I can read that gives a a simplified explanation of GR I honestly don't understand the math portion of theoretical astrophysics

One can understand without math various observational consequences of GR. One cannot understand without math the principles, reasons, and derivations of these consequences.