Is there a scientific study pertaining to why the ratio of people physically attracted to other people is in favor of unreciprocated?

It’s very common in this society that you see men (and sometimes women) being very attracted to someone of the opposite sex (or even the same sex) and the person generally tends to not always feel an attraction back, especially with men liking women. Every girl I liked; wanted nothing to do with me. Why would I be attracted to someone who isn’t genetically capable of liking me? It just seems like an evolutionary flaw. Is their a science theory behind why so many times the attraction isn’t mutual?

11 hours ago, Maximum7 said:

It’s very common in this society that you see men (and sometimes women) being very attracted to someone of the opposite sex (or even the same sex) and the person generally tends to not always feel an attraction back, especially with men liking women.

Welcome to evolution! Selection pressures are often complicated across many species, and finding a mate is often hard. 

Every girl I liked; wanted nothing to do with me. 

I don't trust absolute points of view. Life doesn't happen like this. Every girl? Nothing to do? It can seem this way when you can't read minds.

Why would I be attracted to someone who isn’t genetically capable of liking me?

Whoa, that's a fallacious argument if I've ever seen one. How could you possibly know this about anyone's genes? You really need to stop thinking in absolutes when it comes to living organisms, ESPECIALLY higher order ones. And when you're thinking about humans, this kind of limited, almost binary thinking will always get you in trouble. NOTHING about us is black and white, and the sooner you start embracing nuance and individuality wrt your own species, the better you'll understand them.

It just seems like an evolutionary flaw. Is their a science theory behind why so many times the attraction isn’t mutual?

There are plenty of selective pressures involved that might be involved, and your culture and society has a LOT to do with it. Again, there are too many variables to count when it comes to humans, but there are also a great many of us, and it's important to remember that when it comes to genetics.

This, however, sounds like your intelligent brain accidentally led you into a cognitive cul-de-sac. Confirmation bias often cherry picks the available data we use to form trustworthy information to help us make judgements/conclusions about situations in our lives. Once you start thinking people don't like you, that's all you focus on, and you don't behave like yourself anymore, and may even start predicting their disapproval and start acting like an unlikeable person.

When I find myself thinking in absolutes, it tells me I'm wrong, and I need to change my perspective. It's not reasonable to think everybody feels the same way about any single thing/person/situation. 

Maximum7. How many potential people  are you too rejecting because you are yourself busy looking at other people? You maybe have a template in your mind of what they 'should' look like, and so you are probably missing cues from those that may be attracted to you. Keep your mind open as you travel through life with regards to people, and don't idealize.