Seat of the consciousness is in the striatum

fredreload

20 minutes ago, fredreload said:

Yes, but it does not mention your consciousness require neuronal synchronization of two activities to arise. Even if it does each part of the neuron provides a specific task. You mentioned non-specific interactions but not non-specific task. Clearly the part governs for hearing is not required for tasting if you know what I mean.

Ok but, every thought, memory or experience, creates a synchronized firing of nuerons that hold all the info.  If youve ever looked at a brain scan, they show energy or activity in the brain.  It is rarely localized to any one part.   I have studied the physiology of consciousness from many perspectives, and many of them focus on the areas you described.  But not all of them.  For instance, the pleasure centers in the brain are scattered in a few places.  SO is the consciousness center of the brain.

13 minutes ago, JohnSSM said:

SO is the consciousness center of the brain.

If you knew where the consciousness center of the brain is why did you make this up = =?

Well, the knowledge ive gathered about neurology tells me that that brain works when many different neurons fire at once.  This would seem to indicate that consicousness or any human perception, is created by a sequential firing of neurons, and those nuerons do not always share the same location in the brain.  So, locality of consciousness is kinda hard to nail down when you know that about the brain.

My guess is the D2 loop of the basal ganglia. Basal_ganglia_circuits.svg

As far as striatum goes, the signal goes from putamen to caudate and ends up at amygdala. If someone know how that works let me know.

3 minutes ago, fredreload said:

If you knew where the consciousness center of the brain is why did you make this up = =?

My guess is the D2 loop of the basal ganglia. Basal_ganglia_circuits.svg

As far as striatum goes, the signal goes from putamen to caudate and ends up at amygdala. If someone know how that works let me know.

Listen... if you google, 'consciousness of the brain' you come up with thousands of papers on the subject.  Start by reading them.  That is how I learned.  And I know, they dont know or have any real agreement about consciousness in the brain.  so keep looking.  Someone will uncover it.

3 minutes ago, JohnSSM said:

In certain humans, i find it obvious that the center of their consciousness is in their colons, or basically in their own ass.

Well, the ass would be the one who knows the answer but hides it from someone who tries to find it for their own gain of superiority. If you know the answer, just say it, else I will look for someone else to answer the question.

Just now, JohnSSM said:

Listen... if you google, 'consciousness of the brain' you come up with thousands of papers on the subject.  Start by reading them.  That is how I learned.  And I know, they dont know or have any real agreement about consciousness in the brain.  so keep looking.  Someone will uncover it.

Yes = =, that is precisely the case with Google. That they expect the seat of consciousness to be in the cerebral cortex. I guess I am looking more for a dream group answer. Silly me.

1 minute ago, fredreload said:

Well, the ass would be the one who knows the answer but hides it from someone who tries to find it for their own gain of superiority. If you know the answer, just say it, else I will look for someone else to answer the question.

I have been trying to tell you that NO ONE knows the answer you are looking for, so keep looking....We all are! When i find out anything defintiive, ill let you know.

2 minutes ago, JohnSSM said:

Report me for admitting that I was going to lie to you, specifically, because you have harassed me for hours.  IM fine with that.

Sigh, you guys should stop fighting, we are at the same thread, we should work together, with that said I will be taking a short break.

1 minute ago, JohnSSM said:

I have been trying to tell you that NO ONE knows the answer you are looking for, so keep looking....We all are! When i find out anything defintiive, ill let you know.

Thanks, try looking into caudate while at it, I suspect it might be there

Edited by fredreload

Just now, fredreload said:

Yes = =, that is precisely the case with Google. That they expect the seat of consciousness to be in the cerebral cortex. I guess I am looking more for a dream group answer. Silly me.

I can find many more theories than that using google.  Try looking for years.  Thats what it took me to understand what I now understand.  Years.  Do you have the energy to give it years?  If no, then just stop, is yes, settle into some research and solve it yourself.  I cannot.  

1 minute ago, JohnSSM said:

I can find many more theories than that using google.  Try looking for years.  Thats what it took me to understand what I now understand.  Years.  Do you have the energy to give it years?  If no, then just stop, is yes, settle into some research and solve it yourself.  I cannot.  

Then say you do not have an answer and look into caudate, perhaps we can come up with something.

If not, go with the D2 loop for now, that is as close as we get.

Edited by fredreload

Like you, striatum is not my first guess as I lurked around the net. My first guess on where the seat of consciousness is is actually in the brainstem specifically that of pontine tegmentum as mentioned in this article. (https://hms.harvard.edu/news/how-do-you-know-you-know)

I even came up with the idea that the brain's consciousness retract to that of the brainstem when we go into the sleep state. So I was guessing if the pons or medulla oblongata is the center of consciousness, but someone mentioned the cerebellum, so I figured brainstem is a bit too far down(I cannot remember all the steps I took to guess the seat of consciousness).

My second guess is the thalamus and I was referred to as the ball guy. But that was when I tried to figure out how the brain works, which is like an electromagnetic induction. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_induction)

So I figured thalamus has no structural significance to give rise to a consciousness, it provides the electrical current/electrochemical signal upward from the brainstem to generate this EM wave, similar to that of the nerve ring(the nerve ring is only in lower lifeforms like c-elegans because I was trying to compare the origin of consciousness for organism with a fewer neurons).

So I locked onto the striatum after seeing the D2 loop which I have posted many times by now, and the horn like structure of the caudate caught my eyes. If there is one structure that resemble the nerve ring which gives rise to consciousness in lower lifeform like c-elegans then it must be the caudate.

But that is only speculation, even now I cannot quite tells the difference between the working mechanism in the brain whether it is caused by an electric field from the imbalance of ions or electromagnetic radiation from the nerve ring/striatum.

The last thing I do is sort of compare the caudate to a rail gun and I stopped there.

In conclusion

1. Consciousness arise from the striatum in the caudate in an unknown method similar to a rail gun

2. The brain works with electric field or electromagnetic radiation.

Lastly here is a humorous clip to ease the day.

Edited by fredreload

4 hours ago, Prof Reza Sanaye said:

Maurice Merleau-Ponty says consciousness is spread all across the body . . . .. . 

We are able to feel because of sensory organs throughout our body, but those also act as inputs into the consciousness waveform. The way we perceive these inputs is functional, but the way consciousness arise is not(else you get a recursion, a functional waveform on top of a functional platform). When I think of consciousness I think of a monitor, you need the power plugged in for the monitor to work(power = how consciousness arise), and you got the images from the waveform.

P.S. In other words you are opening a realm where these binary data would make sense, where colors arise and senses occur. As to how you tap into this realm/consciousness remains a mystery. My mind keeps telling me it has to do with a rail gun traveling through loops of magnetic field, but my mind cannot make sense of such a contraption yet.

Edited by fredreload

17 hours ago, fredreload said:

We are able to feel because of sensory organs throughout our body, but those also act as inputs into the consciousness waveform. The way we perceive these inputs is functional, but the way consciousness arise is not(else you get a recursion, a functional waveform on top of a functional platform). When I think of consciousness I think of a monitor, you need the power plugged in for the monitor to work(power = how consciousness arise), and you got the images from the waveform.

P.S. In other words you are opening a realm where these binary data would make sense, where colors arise and senses occur. As to how you tap into this realm/consciousness remains a mystery. My mind keeps telling me it has to do with a rail gun traveling through loops of magnetic field, but my mind cannot make sense of such a contraption yet.

Merleau-Ponty’s description of the body (le corps) in Phenomenology of Perception was somehow living and carnal. Having taken the analysis of perception as his departure point, Merleau-Ponty was directed to accept that one's own body (le corps propre) not only is a thing, a prospective entity of survey for scientific research, but is also a chronic issue of experience, a component of the perceptual transparency to the world. This ontology of the flesh amounts to the body subject being dislocated or deconstructed. The experience is most likely dispersed in the body orbit ( orbite corporelle ).  The self, along with the pre-personal organism, is lived in personal life with the practical purpose 'I will.' Later on in The Visible and the Invisible ,   Merleau-Ponty takes the pre"personal life of the body as an aspect of the being and the flesh (la chair). He thus stresses the idea that a mind is innate throughout the body that must be taken into account by the study of experience.

• 1 month later...

This is problematic, the pars compacta dopaminergic D1 path going into the striatum is only running at 8Hz whereas the gabaergic path from the pars reticulata going into the thalamus is running at 68Hz. If you think about the human consciousness it cannot be running at 8Hz for the striatum, but it is more likely to be 68Hz for the thalamus. Did I make a mistake about the seat of consciousness being the striatum? Should it be the thalamus instead?

On 3/10/2021 at 10:45 PM, DrmDoc said:

I've commented on this subject before with actual evidence presented in an article link that iNow provided:  About life and consciousness. - Page 9 - General Philosophy - Science Forums

As I suggested, consciousness occurs in brain function where afferent (input) sensory stimuli merges with efferent (output) sensory responses.  

I apologize, you might be correct on the matter.

P.S. I only look for the truth, but it takes a while to convince me.

Edited by fredreload