Solvation.

King E

13 hours ago, Bufofrog said:

What kind of interaction?  You do know you can Google the answer in about 5 seconds?

I did. Some people are saying that its a physical change and some are saying that it is a chemical change.

11 hours ago, studiot said:

New (chemical) species are formed.

In a solution the constituents exhibit individual chemical characteristics. You are saying that new chemical species are formed. So will the "NaCl in water " solution have different chemical properties from its constituents(NaCl and H2O)? i.e. is a "NaCl in water" solution a new compound with respect to NaCl or H2O ? And is the ion surrounded by water molecules (solvation shell) a new compound?

Edited by King E

4 hours ago, King E said:

I did. Some people are saying that its a physical change and some are saying that it is a chemical change.

Rather than entering into another long pointless argument about the defintion, here is the first page of a modern textbook all about what are chemical reactions and why they occur.

There is a whole chapter about solvation.

Why do Chemical Reactions Occur ?

Keeler and Wothers

Oxford University Press

chemreact1.jpg.df024cab30bfec5b6c134da9061a7164.jpg