God in troubles...

teroko

9 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

I hope you realize that the null hypothesis says the exact opposite, that since your "truth" hasn't been found in all this time by billions of searchers, it's more likely this "truth" of yours doesn't exist. Unless of course, the "truth" is that there are no gods, in which case it may exist after all.

Right. That is also a possibility for now because it couldn't be demonstrated yet, the existence or unexistence of God, isn't it? But the truth exists and is unique. The fact we could not know it is another problem.

Edited by teroko

3 minutes ago, teroko said:

Right. That is also a possibility for now because it couldn't be demonstrated yet the existence or inexistence of God, isn't it? But the truth exists and is unique. The fact we could not know it is another problem.

How is it a problem? Focus on the things you CAN know about, and ignore the rest until better evidence shows up.

I'm a Humanist. I focus on the natural world, and don't deny that there could be more advanced life forms out there. But there's no evidence yet, and as you say, we CAN'T know, so I spend my thoughts more meaningfully.

1 minute ago, Phi for All said:

How is it a problem? Focus on the things you CAN know about, and ignore the rest until better evidence shows up.

I'm a Humanist. I focus on the natural world, and don't deny that there could be more advanced life forms out there. But there's no evidence yet, and as you say, we CAN'T know, so I spend my thoughts more meaningfully.

Fine for you then. That's your decision. To do nothing, just stay with what has been developed...

My decision was different. Was to look for the truth in some things. And I think I found interesting things although cannot be demonstrated scientifically. At least yet. As I said, I'm presenting some things that make sense to me to everybody. May be they could make sense for other ones too. 

44 minutes ago, teroko said:

You are right. Everything about God are opinions and theories. Any Religion is nothing more than a theory. The point is to try to find the truth. I present to everybody what makes sense to me after a long time reflecting about taking much things into account. May be could make sense to you too. It's your decision...

The solution to gods problems and I think the truth, is to stop worrying about it; "have the magic man, don't have the magic man; I don't give a fuck".

My point is, the more we worry about what, is and, might be, the more likely we are to cause it. 

So, if god's got a problem (shrug) what can we do? 

4 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

The solution to gods problems and I think the truth, is to stop worrying about it; "have the magic man, don't have the magic man; I don't give a fuck".

My point is, the more we worry about what, is and, might be, the more likely we are to cause it. 

So, if god's got a problem (shrug) what can we do? 

I disagree. I think we should always look for the truth the way we could. But those who want to do nothing, fine, just wait for te results of otherones. 

Edited by teroko

9 minutes ago, teroko said:

But those who want to do nothing, fine, just wait for te results of otherones. 

Explain the choice...

People who worried in Germany, ultimately, were the other's.

Nelson did nothing but forgive the others... 

Edited by dimreepr

3 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Explain the choice...

People who worried in Germany, ultimately, were the other's.

Nelson did nothing... 

I don't understand your point... What you mean?

Edited by teroko

1 hour ago, teroko said:

You are right. Everything about God are opinions and theories. Any Religion is nothing more than a theory. The point is to try to find the truth. I present to everybody what makes sense to me after a long time reflecting about taking much things into account. May be could make sense to you too. It's your decision...

I noticed you are conflating theory with belief, there is a significant difference between a scientific theory and religious belief. 
"A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results"

whereas religious belief stems purely from imagination.

33 minutes ago, teroko said:

As I said, I'm presenting some things that make sense to me to everybody. May be they could make sense for other ones too. 

You and EVERYBODY? That's a false statement. It makes no sense to me at all.

Btw, if you'd like to do science, you shouldn't use "makes sense to me" as any kind of criteria. It's notoriously the most untrustworthy guideline there is, mainly because it's so subjective to individuals. 

3 minutes ago, koti said:

I noticed you are conflating theory with belief, there is a significant difference between a scientific theory and religious belief. 
"A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results"

whereas religious belief stems purely from imagination.

But take into account there are theories in Science not proven yet (Dark Matter, Chords Theory,...) and along the history of Science there have been wrong theories too...

2 minutes ago, teroko said:

But take into account there are theories in Science not proven yet (Dark Matter, Chords Theory,...)

You probably missed the class where theories NEVER get proven. Evolution is a fact, but the theory of evolution is still a theory, being constantly updated to be our best current explanation (not proof). Proof is for maths and philosophy. Science uses theory instead. Perhaps this is where your mistakes regarding science lie.

1 minute ago, teroko said:

But take into account there are theories in Science not proven yet (Dark Matter, Chords Theory,...) and along the history of Science there have been wrong theories too...

Maybe it's time to accept, god has evolved... 

2 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

You and EVERYBODY? That's a false statement. It makes no sense to me at all.

Btw, if you'd like to do science, you shouldn't use "makes sense to me" as any kind of criteria. It's notoriously the most untrustworthy guideline there is, mainly because it's so subjective to individuals. 

Sorry, badly spelled...

I meant that I present things that makes sense to me for everybody to take a look...

4 minutes ago, teroko said:

Sorry, badly spelled...

I meant that I present things that makes sense to me for everybody to take a look...

In other words, you guessed based only on things you think you know. Of course it's going to make perfect sense to you, because you made it up. Science isn't always intuitive. You actually have to study things you don't know, to add to your pool of knowledge. Guessing what makes sense is a very limited, primitive, and ignorant way to expand your knowledge. It's what unsophisticated humans did before science.

Just now, Phi for All said:

In other words, you guessed based only on things you think you know. Of course it's going to make perfect sense to you, because you made it up. Science isn't always intuitive. You actually have to study things you don't know, to add to your pool of knowledge. Guessing what makes sense is a very limited, primitive, and ignorant way to expand your knowledge.

Is not my aim to present a theory scientifically here now. My aim is just to present here some ideas to be taken into consideration. 

1 minute ago, dimreepr said:

Don't imagine that everybody will agree...

Of course!

1 minute ago, teroko said:

Is not my aim to present a theory scientifically here now. My aim is just to present here some ideas to be taken into consideration. 

There are many better sites for this. We're a science discussion forum. If your ideas can't be tethered to the natural world somehow, you're wasting our time. Six pages worth. Goodbye.

11 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

There are many better sites for this. We're a science discussion forum. If your ideas can't be tethered to the natural world somehow, you're wasting our time. Six pages worth. Goodbye.

But this is the "Religion" forum. To talk about God... And I think new ideas to be taken into consideration is something good even for scientists... How Science could progress if not? Am I wrong?

Edited by teroko