Overlapping Universes?

Yanni

You know scientists who  study quantum mechanics say that the same electron can be observed in two different positions at exactly the same time around the nucleus of an atom. How can this be? How can the same electron be at different places at the same time? I think we live in parallel universes where you have the same objects at different periods of time. You have atomA in UniverseBlue  and you have the same atomA in UniverseGreen. In UniverseBlue, atomA's electron is at Position1, in UniverseGreen atomA's electron is at Position2. Because UniverseBlue and UniverseGreen overlap each other we see  atomsA's electron at Position1 and Position2 at the same time. What do you believe?

4 minutes ago, Yanni said:

You know scientists who  study quantum mechanics say that the same electron can be observed in two different positions at exactly the same time around the nucleus of an atom.

I did not know that, why just two specific locations? Can you post a reference so I can learn more? 

8 minutes ago, Yanni said:

What do you believe?

I believe I need more details to comment your multi universe idea.

19 minutes ago, Yanni said:

You know scientists who  study quantum mechanics say that the same electron can be observed in two different positions at exactly the same time around the nucleus of an atom.

Do they? Do you have a reference for that?

20 minutes ago, Yanni said:

How can the same electron be at different places at the same time? I

Quantum sized particles (which can include quite large objects) can be in a superposition of states, which can include position. 

22 minutes ago, Yanni said:

I think we live in parallel universes where you have the same objects at different periods of time.

Sounds like Wheeler’s Many Worlds interpretation. 

2 hours ago, Yanni said:

You know scientists who  study quantum mechanics say that the same electron can be observed in two different positions at exactly the same time around the nucleus of an atom. How can this be?

That's not actually what they are saying. An electron can be in two places at one time, but only if you don't do an observation of the electron, which would determine its location. 

The electron would have to be in a superposition of states corresponding to two different locations. One example I can think of is Kasevich's really tall fountain (for gravimetry/interferometry), where you toss a ball of atoms up in a vacuum, and put them in a superposition of states, which end up with different energies, so they can't go to the same height in the fountain. There must be physical separation of the atoms.

2 hours ago, Yanni said:

How can the same electron be at different places at the same time? I think we live in parallel universes where you have the same objects at different periods of time. You have atomA in UniverseBlue  and you have the same atomA in UniverseGreen. In UniverseBlue, atomA's electron is at Position1, in UniverseGreen atomA's electron is at Position2. Because UniverseBlue and UniverseGreen overlap each other we see  atomsA's electron at Position1 and Position2 at the same time. What do you believe?

There is the many-worlds interpretation of QM, but it doesn't work like this. The universes are orthogonal to one another, so there is no overlap, or communication between them.