humanity goal

EmilyJUVU

I'm writing a paper for philosophy and have been looking into where humanity as a whole is headed and where we might be headed

I've been questioning the credibility of government, and want to know other peoples opinions, on what they think is the ultimate

goal for humanity, or should be the ultimate goal?

Trying to live long as possible is the only constant throughout humanity I am aware of. Values and priorities have constantly changed. Today money is a major priority for people. It is what many of our lives revolve around from the type of education we pursue, employment we select, govt we vote for, and etc. Yet money is relatively new. For most of humanity it did not exist. Govts, some form of structural hierarchy within groups, has always existed. Tribes had leaders and dividing up responsibilities among people has nearly always been a thing.  As tribes grew larger more complex hierarchies became necessary. In my opinion govts today are still too tribal and small in scope (groups they seek to serve) to best manage  our growing populations. StringJunky mentioned a "unified aspiration" my take would be "uniform management of resources". Whether it is the EU and its 28 countries all with varying policy or the US with 50 states of varying policy something more uniform will need to emerge as population increases. Our current competition based system for the use of resources will become unsustainable. 

We're the only species on Earth that can leave the planet to spread life elsewhere, so that seems worthy. The really difficult part is uniting as a species before we attempt this. If we still think in partisan terms about our goals in space, I think we're in for some major woe and misery. I'm not sure how to get us all thinking about ourselves as intelligent, cooperative, communicative humans from Earth trying to do the outrageous collaboratively.

Maybe that's our first goal, realizing how much smarter we are together. Embracing the diversity is the genetically intelligent thing to do.

On 19/09/2018 at 10:37 AM, EmilyJUVU said:

I'm writing a paper for philosophy and have been looking into where humanity as a whole is headed and where we might be headed

I've been questioning the credibility of government, and want to know other peoples opinions, on what they think is the ultimate

goal for humanity, or should be the ultimate goal?

Agree with Phi for All,

For Humanity as a whole to share or accept common goals,  they would 1st have to accept  commonality.

Diversity is essential, but focusing on differences won't unite.

Recognition of what we have have in common could.