Gravuty and Conservation of Energy.

Anjruu

A man holds up a 100 pound weight. He applies a force to the weight of 98 Newtons to hold up the weight (f=m*a). Gravity likewise applies the same force. However, the man will eventually get tired, but gravity will not. Gravity's force is eternal. Doesn't this violate conservation of energy? The same is true of the other 3 fundamental forces.

Well, that's just the definition of "work," in the physics sense versus the average way it is used. Regardless, force is exerted on the weight, just the net is equal to zero. Also, the theory is conservation of energy, not work.

Oh, and I apologize for the "gravuty" error. "U" is pretty close to "I" on the keyboard, in my defense.

I couldn't edit my post, so here is why it can't be an energy.

Gravity in a sense can be created. If you have a planet, and it starts to grow, adding more mass as it grows, more gravity will come.

I haven't studied general mechanics, so if thats wrong, just correct me... :P

I couldn't edit my post' date=' so here is why it can't be an energy.

Gravity in a sense can be created. If you have a planet, and it starts to grow, adding more mass as it grows, more gravity will come.

I haven't studied general mechanics, so if thats wrong, just correct me... :P[/quote']

But the gravity is not being created, it is just adding up.