Space wheel??

albertlee

Have you heard or known about "space wheel"??

It is a small wheel with 3 larger metal bits struck out in one dimension, and two cylindrical sticks coming out in another dimention horizontally, and is placed on a two-panel curved platform, which holds the wheel by the cylinderical sticks.

The wheel just keeps rolling from one end of the platform to another, never stopping.

WHat physics are involved??

it says three:

1) potential and kinetic energy, I know this one.

2) the law of thermodynamics

3) other mysterious forces

I dont know 2) and 3)

Any one?

Is it a perpetual motion machine? If it's the machine that runs on batteries and supposed to derive energy from the curvature of space, it doesn't work. You might be describing a different machine though.

It takes no battery at all. Just keeps moving forever.
False. The wheel has a magnet that powers a coil and a battery in the base. There's a second coil wound opposite to the first and the current from the battery makes an EM field that keeps the wheel moving.

I've seen things like this before and I doubt very seriously that the system could produce enough additional electricity to power that light bulb. There would only be enough to keep the wheel rolling back and forth. See where the cord from the bulb trails off the page instead of being attached directly to the base?

This is NOT perpetual motion, and it's ESPECIALLY NOT a power generator.

Have you heard or known about "space wheel"??

It is a small wheel with 3 larger metal bits struck out in one dimension' date=' and two cylindrical sticks coming out in another dimention horizontally, and is placed on a two-panel curved platform, which holds the wheel by the cylinderical sticks.

The wheel just keeps rolling from one end of the platform to another, never stopping.

WHat physics are involved??

it says three:

1) potential and kinetic energy, I know this one.

2) the law of thermodynamics

3) other mysterious forces

I dont know 2) and 3)

Any one?[/quote']

Fake???? I say NOT!!!. I had one that ran for a whole year....but one day it stopped. :confused:

Bettina

The wheel has a magnet that powers a coil and a battery in the base. There's a second coil wound opposite to the first and the current from the battery makes an EM field that keeps the wheel moving.

reading is fun

magnets i imagine.

ma ganet in the base where that silver *blip* is will pull the leg towards the base, but the momentum of the wheel will keep it going past the magnet, however, the magnet will impart some energy, enough to keep it ticking over.

OH, fooled by A LIAR :mad:

Oh, please. Spare us the indignation. You ignored several people who told you that it's impossible, as physics precludes perpetual motion. When discussing science, you don't get to pick and choose which answer you want to use.

And Bettina never actually said hers didn't have a battery, and in fact implied there was one. "...but one day it stopped." The only part she appeared to be fooling about was whether or not she knew there was a battery.

OH, fooled by A LIAR :mad:

Albertlee....I never lie. I reviewed your other posts and threads and can see now that you really believed this was a perpetual motion device.

I originally thought you were making a joke and joined in the fun, but I was wrong. I'm sorry for that. :-(

Friends???? :)

Bettina

Oh,

To Swansont,

I concluded that the wheel's energy will loose, but since bettina said she had one.

From all your posts I thought space wheel can run for a very very long time as "virtually forever".

[/b]I merely wanted to ask about how "thermodynamics" is involved.[/b]

From the idea from Bettina, I thought the space wheel maybe is so pefectly made that the friction is so low and kept in a vacuum.

Sorry for the misinterpretion. :-D

Albert