Looking for this medicine.

ps2huang

I don't know do you guys have this problem. My summer school session started today. I take an English Reading and Written Composition class along with a Tennis Course. Each of them at least 2 hours. I don't think I will have a problem to be participated in tennis class, but I do in English class. Today our teacher gave us some introductions to this class with explaining his syllabus rules. While being participated in the class, I was thinking about some other things. This led me which I could not be concentrating in class 100%. I wish to get an A for this class; I want to do it the best. Do you guys know any of well-known medicine that can make your brain concentrate on just one thing and clam down your hyperness? Because while listening to what teacher said, I was thinking about other things at the mean time. So I do need a medicine to clam me down, not to let me think other goofinesses.

Don't tell me just to do soem excercises or whatever, name the medicine for me. I am in emergency.

Even if it existed, no one here is in a position to prescribe it. Over the counter remedies exist, but are not proven to be effective. Don't you think if they worked that everyone would take them?

Try listening and applying what is said to you, think about how it affects you, make it personal. Your mind may be wandering because you see nothing valid in what you are learning. Everything is valid when applied to you.

Even if it existed' date=' no one here is in a position to prescribe it. Over the counter remedies exist, but are not proven to be effective. Don't you think if they worked that everyone would take them?

Try listening and applying what is said to [i']you[/i], think about how it affects you, make it personal. Your mind may be wandering because you see nothing valid in what you are learning. Everything is valid when applied to you.

Were you saying you need a prescription to pruchase such a medicine?

maybe the teacher is genuinely booring. in that case, give him drugs: that should make the lessons more interesting.

Or maybe, like me, you find english lessons terminally booring, in which case i always found that alcohol helped (although admittedly not with paying attention).

why do you feel so strongly that drugs are the answre. dig your heels in, forse yourself to take notes, and study after school. theres no majic drug which will make the info soak into your brain and stay there on the first attempt, and as far as i know, whilst there are a great many drugs which will make even english lessons interesting, none of them are legal, or particulaly good for you in the long term. sorry.

Thinks of Mr "YES SIR Mr. F. SIR" F. stoned.

"Oh IIIIIII Am the very model of a modern teaching general, so You 'll all know your animals begetbales ..." :D:D:D

Seriously though, it sounds like you are just by nature a curious and imaginative person.

If you want some advice, here it is. Avoid meds, especially Ritalin. It was a product of suck-it-and-see science back in the 1930's.

1) Try getting a good sleep, I am not kidding, not enough sleep is, I think,

the major cause of not being able to concentrate.

2) Go to bed an hour early and get up a half hour early.

Make yourself a nice, sweet, cup of tea, and find somewhere peaceful, and drink it while contemplating the beauty and transiance of all things physical or the virtues of existance or just close your eyes and listen to fur elise if you live in an appartment.

A relaxed start to the day can make a big differance in class.

Cheers.

If you want some advice, here it is. Avoid meds, especially Ritalin. It was a product of suck-it-and-see science back in the 1930's.
This is the one I didn't want to mention, because it's use is so prevalent in the US and it is prescribed as a knee-jerk reaction to so many learning disorders.

As I've mentioned in other threads, when my daughter had some problems in preschool, ADD began to be mentioned as a possible problem. Immediately her social worker began to suggest Ritalin. Neither my wife nor I wanted to leap into medication for a 5-year-old, so we explored other avenues, settling on an innovative, drug-free sensory-integration therapy that has done wonders for our daughter.

We found out that the social worker, a woman in her early 30s, had been taking Ritalin from an early age. This was a woman who couldn't remember appointments, phoned my wife to tell her some information and then told her the same information when she saw her later the same day. She loved her Ritalin and I'm not saying it was responsible for making her the walking cluster of chaos she was, but I certainly was glad we didn't leap onto her pill-addled bandwagon the way she had advised.

For some, the medication route is advisable. But I still say get a proper diagnosis from a trusted physician and even then get a second opinion before slaving yourself to the pills. It may seem like the easiest course, but easy always has a heavy price to pay.

Social workers should not be prescribing medicines.

We found out that the social worker, a woman in her early 30s, had been taking Ritalin from an early age. This was a woman who couldn't remember appointments, phoned my wife to tell her some information and then told her the same information when she saw her later the same day. She loved her Ritalin and I'm not saying it was responsible for making her the walking cluster of chaos she was, but I certainly was glad we didn't leap onto her pill-addled bandwagon the way she had advised.

To be fair walking chaos clusters tend to be more symptomatic of overwork with high stress load. e.g. social workers working with children, it has a very high rate of nervous disorders(PTSD, OCD) and burnout.

But I can vividly imagine how it would just fill you with confidence. ;)

Cheers.

• 3 years later...