What project should I do over the summer?

ecoli

What project should I do over the summer?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What project should I do over the summer?

• Structures of TcAChE in Crystals
    • We Want You!!! To Help Fight HIV/AIDS
    • Characterization of the 1-8D Gene and its Role in Transformation and Tumor Progression
    • Protein-Protein Interactions in the Developing Nervous System
    • Polyamine Resistance in Yeast: the SKY1 is the Limit
    • Functional and Structural Elements of the Dockerin...
    • Analyzing the Effect of Magnetic Fields on Neuronal Tissue
    • Molecular Modeling of the Sodium/Potassium Pump
    • Application of Real-Time Relative PCR for Validation of Differential Expression of Genes in Rat...
    • Adaptation in the Somatosensory Cortex
    • The Effect of Raf-1 Inhibitor on LH-Induced Connexin43 Phosphorylation and Oocyte Maturation...
    • Live Cell Microscopy and Cellular Dynamics
    • Cancer Immunology Basic Mechanisms Behind Tumor Rejection And Tumor Growth
    • 3-D Movement Trajectories of Rat Whisker Movements

I'm going to Israel's Wiezmann's Institute this summer, in a pre-college research program. I get to pick from different labs and different projects. I know I want to do a bio project, but I can't decide which ones. Maybe someone could help me decide? The abstracts are available here: http://www.weizmann.ac.il/diff_angle/young/unit_e.php?line=179&sbline=1954

Thank you very much!

I also think "Molecular Modeling of the Sodium/Potassium Pump" would be fascinating.
each to there own.

the rats-wiskers one sounds fun, interesting and useful, with the added bonus that you get to work with rats without having to kill them.

Id have put the gp41/HIV one down as well, but thats just a personal fetish.

Localization of focal adhesion proteins in MARCKS wild-type and knockout mouse fibroblasts during cell spreading. Only I should somehow get proper immunostaining, cause I have already wasted 3 weeks trying.

Application of Real-Time Relative PCR for Validation of Differential Expression of Genes in Rat [brains]

Yeah, this is the one I was leaning towards. It seems the most goal oriented. A lot of the other projects (if you read the abstracts) seem not as goal-oriented, but just concentrating on certain techniques without a definitive goal. This project doesn't do that, and plus it relies on techniques I'm famaliar with, or at least feel comfortable learning.

did u just enter in or did you enter in ISEF or some other kinda science fair that bought you in. cuz i know a guy that went there last year.

I entered the Long Island division of ISEF earlier this year, but didn't make it past the first stage. :(

Thank you everyone for your responses! Please keep commenting!

Yeah' date=' this is the one I was leaning towards. It seems the most goal oriented. A lot of the other projects (if you read the abstracts) seem not as goal-oriented, but just concentrating on certain techniques without a definitive goal. This project doesn't do that, and plus it relies on techniques I'm famaliar with, or at least feel comfortable learning.

[/quote']

Mnnn hmmm Exactley what i was thinking.

I think it has the greatest potential to yeild very insightful and significant results. These results will most likely lead to a lot of other interesting potential research projects as well. It's nice to do something that you can see being expanded on, or leading somewhere.

Mnnn hmmm Exactley what i was thinking.

I think it has the greatest potential to yeild very insightful and significant results. These results will most likely lead to a lot of other interesting potential research projects as well. It's nice to do something that you can see being expanded on' date=' or leading somewhere.[/quote']

Exactly. I'll only be in Israel for 3 weeks, so I'd want to work on something that could be beneficial on a the short term.