New Nuclear Reactor?

DerpFaceMcGee12

Hello, I've recently been reading about an interesting alternative science theory called "Tetryonics". This post is about a specific prediction that the theory makes, it predicts that because matter is described as a standing wave then it should be able to be constructively/destructively interfered with allowing for "anti-matterless" annihilation through a phenomenon they call a "gravitational electromagnetic pinch" (GEM Pinch). If true this is obviously quite amazing since you could use this effect to create very efficient new sources of energy.

I've even come across a detailed description as to how you would try to go about creating one and how it is supposed to work contained in pictures posted on a twitter account. I would like to embed the images in this post, but there is a lot of them, like 40 and I don't know how. My question is even if the annihilation aspect of this idea is wrong it seems like the forces involved / created by the device could cause atoms to fission. Does anyone know how viable this idea might be as a new type of nuclear reactor?

@1NOTTHEBEES1

Hello, I've recently been reading about an interesting alternative science theory called "Tetryonics". This post is about a specific prediction that the theory makes, it predicts that because matter is described as a standing wave then it should be able to be constructively/destructively interfered with allowing for "anti-matterless" annihilation through a phenomenon they call a "gravitational electromagnetic pinch" (GEM Pinch). If true this is obviously quite amazing since you could use this effect to create very efficient new sources of energy.

I've even come across a detailed description as to how you would try to go about creating one and how it is supposed to work contained in pictures posted on a twitter account. I would like to embed the images in this post, but there is a lot of them, like 40 and I don't know how. My question is even if the annihilation aspect of this idea is wrong it seems like the forces involved / created by the device could cause atoms to fission. Does anyone know how viable this idea might be as a new type of nuclear reactor?

@1NOTTHEBEES1

After googling "Tetryonics" it appears to be pseudoscience bullshit with no basis in reality...

Regardless of whether or not that is true that doesn't answer my question, I don't want someone to google search something for me obviously I could have done that. If you would look at what I was talking about you'd see that even if the theory is wrong the device described is going to have an interesting effect on stuff placed in its center and I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not it would be viable as causing material to fission. A broken watch is right twice a day.

Once again none of you seem to get what I'm talking about. Ignore the larger scope of the theory etc. I'm not talking about that. Look at the actual device described in the material I provided, is this a viable method to create instability in matter and cause it to undergo fission?

even if the theory is wrong the device described is going to have an interesting effect on stuff placed in its center

If the theory is wrong (and it almost certainly is) then the device will do nothing.

A few vague drawings on an anonymous twitter account aren't really enough to judge anything.

But if someone had actually come up with new physics or a valuable new technology then they would be either publishing it in science journals or talking to investors to start a hugely successful company.

So, yes, it is nonsense.

My question is even if the annihilation aspect of this idea is wrong it seems like the forces involved / created by the device could cause atoms to fission. Does anyone know how viable this idea might be as a new type of nuclear reactor?

To indice fission in U-235, you absorb a neutron, which excites it. The excitation is about 6.5 MeV. That's enough to deform the nucleus to where it is likely to fission.

So the EM pinch would have to add of order this amount of energy; I'm not sure how easy that would be. You'd still have to deal with the emitted neutrons, which would continue to induce fission. One advantage this might afford would be that in the absence of the EM pinch the mass would be subcritical, so the system could be shut down without a physical insertion of control rods.