Vegan can help World Hunger

I guess you haven't met enough vegans in your life. I knew people who were vegans for years, even decades and they look younger and more fit than most people their age. They said it is the best thing they have ever done. When it comes to any diet, you gotta plan it, otherwise you will either suffer from obesity, diabetes, or malnutrition.

The only vegans I met were on youtube...

I guess you haven't met enough vegans in your life.

I've known enough vegans for several lifetimes. Certainly not all are like the ones I knew. Living in beautiful farmland surroundings which is mostly permanent pasture, living on state benefits and getting vitamin B12 on free prescriptions, criticising others for not being vegan, just too stupid to realise the hypocrisy.

I guess you haven't met enough vegans in your life. I knew people who were vegans for years, even decades and they look younger and more fit than most people their age. They said it is the best thing they have ever done. When it comes to any diet, you gotta plan it, otherwise you will either suffer from obesity, diabetes, or malnutrition.

I started a thread very much like this thread in back in 2014:

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/83542-a-vegetarian-future/?hl=vegetarianism

My position was a bit different than yours. I posited that in the future (couple hundred years) people will most all be vegatarian because it simply takes more resources to create edible calories from meat which makes it less efficient. My food calories can be grown using less energy and water per acre than meat can be raised. Hydroponics and local gardens provide people the ability to produce food without having to clear fields and alter what little natural habit we still have. Seems like a no brainer. I was surprised by how many negative responses I received. Many people insisting humans evolved to include meat in our diets and will basically always eat meat. Other pointed out the neccessity for b12 and insisted it was proof of our need for meat.

Humans are in fact omnivores. We have eaten meat for hundreds of thousands of years. It has been our main source of b12. However I think people exaggerate the scale. Humans do not have the physical strength to catch and kill most other mamals without tools. Not only that but our teeth and jaw muscles are too weak for us to take a bit out of most mamals. Plus our stomatchs lack the bacteria and enzymes to digest many raw meats. So while it is true we evolved eating meat the most common meat we ate was most probably insects, eggs, and fish. Not meats like beef and pork. During the last ice age as humans found themselves in colder environments where wild edibles didn't grow as abundantly, incests were less prevalent, birds flew south, and reptiles were nonexistent they (humans) had to eat the larger game animals available. The need for such a diet no longer exists. Eggs (bird, fish, reptile, insects), milk, seafood, etc could easily supply humans with the required amounts of b12 and iron while a variety things like beans, nuts, and etc are good sources of protien and fat.

Eating insects, shellfish, drinking milk, and etc isn't vegan though. So my position is different than yours. My view doesn't consider empathy. Rather it focuses of efficiency. I believe in the future humans will all be something akin to a pescetarian. We'll primarily eat fruits, veggies, and grain but will have a variety of protiens in our food developed using fish and or insects. Habits are hard things to break so I doubt expect to see a shift in my life time. First we'll see people slowly eating less meat as water shortages drive the cost of meat ever higher. Then we will see more cities adopt hydroponics and public gardening.

At the end of the day, it's all about compassion. That's what the vegan lifestyle is really all about. Compassion for all sentient beings and minimizing harm as much as one can possibly can. And everyone has their own standards when it comes to compassion. :)

Would this be better for you?

If you're in a rush watch it from 1:25.