Trump Effects

Raider5678

On 29/12/2017 at 3:16 PM, waitforufo said:

Why slow it down?  

Got any proof that giving all the money to those who are already rich doesn't slow down growth?

On 30/12/2017 at 2:50 PM, waitforufo said:

This is a science forum. Science is supported by by data.  I asked for data from history that supports you government ideal. i'm not surprised that you can't do it.  In the mean time capitalism is supplying innovation, surplus and prosperity wherever it is implemented. 

OK, Let's see the evidence for that.

In particular, you need to show that capitalism is supplying those things, rather than human nature supplying them.

On 12/29/2017 at 10:16 AM, waitforufo said:

They also slow economic growth.  Prosperity requires economic growth.  Why slow it down?  

And there's the fallacy. 

Prosperity requires economic growth, but not all economic growth is the same; i.e. not all benefit from prosperity under economic growth.

3 hours ago, swansont said:

It may be the case, since the GOP is closer to being monolithic, so that slogans at the expense of other groups is more effective.

But I'm guessing that some of that is confirmation bias.

Probably, however conceding such strengthens the arguments pushed by monolithic minded people. They deny all, concede nothing, and hold others accountable to the up most extent. Nuanced and self aware world views typically get stomped on by staunch positions. We see it all the time. Hillary Clinton apologized for her server, apologized for having pneumonia' and etc meanwhile Trump bold face lies damn near everyday and just double down when caught. Good guys finish last. In my opinion there needs to be more forceful push back. Five members of Trump's Presidential campaign have been indicted, 2 have already plead guilt, yet many top Democrats still are comfortable talking about why Clinton lost and all the mistakes they feels she then about Russia or impeachment. Why; because their base concedes error and the opposition doesn't. It is easier for Democrats to finger point each other than take the GOP on. I am not saying the left should engage in the same level of obfuscation as the GOP but I do think they need to become more comfortable calling BS out by name and not hedging every-time their is push back. The world can be a big scary place and acquiescing one way into leadership seldom ever works.