Favourite Game Console

the GardenGnome

Originally posted by ThEmAdHaTtEr

Fafalone is VERY VERY correct. All consoles suck compared to PC. Thats all there is to it.

PCs are also very superior in the price cateogry as well

:rolleyes:

Hey, look what PC has to offer vs a console, all you can really do now is play games an watch a DVD. EVeryone these days has a DVD player, and if not theres prolly one on their comp. You can do virtually anything with a computer. Yeah.

I tend to disagree with all ya al. The PS2 is far greater than any PC. I mean, sure the PC can have better graphics if pay a few thousand bucks, and sure its controlls are way better on shooter games, but the PC just sucks for the real games that count, the RPGs! There is no good RPG for the computer. The PS2 has hundreds of um!!! I can spend more time playin the PS2 than any computer game. So, the PC is only the second best compared to the PS2.

Your right, PC does have shitty RPGs. But I dont play them often so it really isnt a drawback. Half the PS2 titles are coming to PC anyway! Maaaaan, Your tellin me you can take your time figuring out puzzles for no real reason, when you could be on COunter-Strike pwnin it up and headshotting like a M4d-H4X0rz. Nothin better. :D. Nothin funnier when a n00b says your hacking too. You dont get that in any Final Fantasy.

PCs have a different style of RPGs; Black Ise games, Morrowind, MMORPGs

Oh, and most console->PC ports suck, because the PC audiance has been weened on and enjoys a different kind of gaming experiance.

For example; Metal Gear Solid (very good game) vs. Ghost Recon, Metal Gear is more science fiction, has a good story but the gameplay is not the style I enjoy, on the other hand, Ghost Recon has the realism and awsome gameplay (be it a diferent/better type)

Anyways, why do PC rpg suck?

Final Fantasy is fine, massive, exhilarating... but compared to making your own party and kickin ass D&D style in Baldur's.

You just can't compare the two, its almost like a different genre.

Final Fantasy is generally great. Started getting quite samey after 8 though.

The PC versions of 7 and 8 were just awful - a direct port from PS1 to PC with awful controls that they hadn't bothered to try and redesign.

ooooh dear me people..firstly saying that PC's have no RPG's is just silly, you obviously don't look hard enough;)

secondly the question was for the best console:-p I don't believe a computer is a console..that and it's designed for uses far above playing games, graphics and such are of course going to be better

now what I don't understand is why you didn't put any good consoles up to choose from:(...;) NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, PS1 and Atari are my first consoles of choice ever. in fact, I want to get a Sega CD (again BAH) more than I do any newer console, because those are just a waste of money, most games being either a poorly done ripoff of something done on an afore mentioned console or just crap to play....

what the hell am I saying? games are games and I play em all^_^ (though I really do prefer the ones I named, so I'm not choosing)

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dudde

no no, sega CD I think came before saturn...but yeah, it was actually called Sega Cd;)

I'll post a link for you later when i get back...

Correct. Sega CD came out a while earlier than Sega Saturn.

Sega CD was a port that was put onto sega genesis so it could play CD games. Nintendo also did the same thing for 64, but it wasn't released in the US, and only 6 or 8 games were made for it.

Sega CD came out around the same time as the Sony Playstation, wich not as many people may know, but was sponsored by Nintendo.

As Dudde had stated, the best consoles ever made were not put onto the list. My favorite console would have to be the Sega Genesis. Its games were amazing for its time period. The Strike series were awsome. And the Sonic games blow me away.

And as Sayonara³ had stated, the PC versions of Final Fantasy 7+8 were just plain cruel and unsual torture compared to the PSOne versions.

Oh, and as a side note, the original Playstation used to be called the PSX, but can't anymore for Sony is creating a new system called the PSX. Can't remember details. Post em latter.

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

Oh, and as a side note, the original Playstation used to be called the PSX, but can't anymore for Sony is creating a new system called the PSX. Can't remember details. Post em latter.

Version 2 of the PS1 was called PSX when they decided to change the ports on the back. Then PSY was released when they realised they could make more money if EVERYTHING needed a peripheral and changed the port configuration again.

OK that was just picky :confused:

Ya know what my second favorite system ever mae is? The Nintendo Supe Famicom. Not mny people know about, but it is the exact same thing as the Super Nintendo, but it looks cooler.

And for details on the new PSX- http://ps2.ign.com/articles/421/421026p1.html?fromint=1

I don't know if this^ will work. But the web site should still be there some where.

Ya know what my second favorite system ever mae is? The Nintendo Supe Famicom. Not mny people know about, but it is the exact same thing as the Super Nintendo, but it looks cooler.

Yeah...my cousin had that; except his was like a non-legal version. lol

There were more games for it too!

The Super Nintendo was redesigned to look awful for the US market, because for some reason the US designers seem to have little or no concept of aesthetics (US Cars, the X-Box and Kelly Osbourne are prime examples). the UK one looks nice.