SFN Flash Movie: Stage 1; Choosing our story

RedAlert

Alright this is only stage one of our production, and it may take quite a while. Over here, you are free to debate on what our movie should be about.

However, I don't want to see any ideas with dirty content in it. Otherwise, let your imagination roll! Put in all your ideas, no matter how stupid you think it may be. We will probably end up combining many people's ideas into our story.

After our idea for our story has been decided, then I will create another thread where you can post what character you will be, etc. etc.

But right now, let's finish Stage 1! Start submitting your ideas!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do it for einstein ..

ooh make a game where Einstein (with frizzy hair wearing white coat) is riding a beam of light who has to travel and find his way home some x light years away .

As he travels , obstacles like stars are then either trying to push/pull continually his ride further off course .

The aim of the story is that he has to maintain a steady journey through the universe in order to safely find his way home .

:)

:eek: ahh yeh .. in that case

I like the star wars idea .

:embarass:

Ya my mistake not yours, I did not clarify that we are not having a game anymore, only a funny movie. Sorry. :embarass:

I have another idea too...what about a movie that makes fun of Lord of the Rings?

Well the rest of May and June I've got exams, then I'm on holiday for the majority of July, but when I get back I could make a movie, I'm really no expert on flash, I just use standard frames/layers/scenes and I still can't use audio, but I'm sure I could work it out.... due to this my 'movies' can take a long time, but do IMHO look quite good!

I think what people have to realise is that this is a flash animation, not an actual movie, you don't have fluid motion like you do in movies.

As for ideas, well, are we using avatars to represent people?

hmm, I suppose it'd have to be funny.... a spoof of something is a possibility, I'll think about it, you could kinda tell a little story of how one day ____ was walking along and ran into ____ (you could make that litteral to make it more funny) etc.

Well the rest of May and June I've got exams' date=' then I'm on holiday for the majority of July, but when I get back I could make a movie, I'm really no expert on flash, I just use standard frames/layers/scenes and I still can't use audio, but I'm sure I could work it out.... due to this my 'movies' can take a long time, but do IMHO look quite good!

I think what people have to realise is that this is a flash animation, not an actual movie, you don't have fluid motion like you do in movies.

As for ideas, well, are we using avatars to represent people?

hmm, I suppose it'd have to be funny.... a spoof of something is a possibility, I'll think about it, you could kinda tell a little story of how one day ____ was walking along and ran into ____ (you could make that litteral to make it more funny) etc.[/quote']

Maybe...but we will leave characters for later. Let us decide on the story line first.

We should include some of Sayo attacking a creationist in this. Perhaps we could fit in JaKiri as well.

edit: oh yes' date=' we need to include Adam saying "oh no! Planet X is going to crash into us and we're all going to die!!!"[/quote']

Absolutetly.

So Sayanora is going to be in the story. I think YT and Phi should be in there too.

... and me!!!!! ;)

You could just have someone walking down the street and things happen' date=' they meet people etc. and then you'd have to make dialogue and actions funny.[/quote']

I am going to ask Phi for All to help us with the dialogue and stuff. He is an absolute genius with all that stuff.

EDIT: Phi has agreed to help us out.

I still think it should be a parody on some popular story.

This is the idea Phi has given us, and I like it. We just have to make fit in a story now, but it's a good idea:

How about this:

The theme is Order vs Chaos' date=' Knowledge vs Ignorance, and the members of SFN are waging a war against those who would stifle science and progress. Have your member characters (including the Mods and Admins) each have a different way of defeating trolly interlopers (Sayo with a samurai sword, Mokele flicks his tongue out to devour them, you could waddle over and peck them to death, I could use a large book to squish them between the covers, the Chemistry buffs could mix two flasks and throw them--kaboom!, others could use lightsabers, machine guns, bazookas, mental rays, etc).

The trolls could all look like trolls, but have made up names (don't use real trolly members names, we need to keep them around for debate purposes) like LightBlinded, ByTheBOOK, PreachesNCreamed, TurnOrBurn, Crea-SHUN, PseudoKook, AliEntity, Ranter, FlamingDummy, WoodenHead, Church4Brains) and could run around with their fingers in their ears saying lalalalala when they weren't spouting garbage (that would be a funny visual, having a pile of cans, stinky diapers and banana peels plop out of their mouths whenever they talk.

The members could defeat a few one on one to get things started, then you could show a bunch of trolls streaming out of a church, more comning from a government building (the Senate of Capitol building, or just a building marked GOV'T), and yet more streaming from homes and neighborhoods where TVs are spewing garbage into the trolls, who are eating it up.

The troll army converges on the SFN members, who must rally together to defeat the onslaught of ignorant trolls. Perhaps their powers of knowledge could combine at this point to wipe out whole sections of the trolly horde. In the end they emerge triumphant, standing atop the hill of KNOWLEDGE, having defeated the trolls with Science.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedAlert

Also, Do you have flash?

I believe I can watch flash movies, but I have no skills in creating them (other than writing).

Phi

[/quote']

This is the pm he sent me.