About locking the thread

In regards to this thread:

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/102612-suggestion-about-the-speculations-forum/

I was nothing but civil throughout the discussion. I attempted to help improve the forum and I rationalized all my suggestions.

Never at any point did I demand that these changes be applied, as Phi for All said. Never did I converse with a negative tone or attacked swansont in any way.

So why did my thread get locked for something another member said? I did not say these words, so why was the modnote addressing anyone else but the person who did?

I think there is more to discuss. I think I brought up a valid point in my last post before closure, which I will no longer have the chance to reply to.

If you do not want suggestions, that is fine by me.

If you do want suggestions, then why punish me by closing a rationally discussed thread for something I didn't even say?

Again, I did not demand these changes. I do believe that these changes would benefit the forum.

If you do not like these suggestions, I'm OK with that but is it reason enough to lock the thread?

It has been noted and it is under discussion between the mods. There wasn't any point in continuing, especially when the mood was taking a turn for the worst.

Our volunteer moderators are going to decide what corrections to the section header are needed, based on suggestions made, and then we'll pass them along for Admins to approve. hi

Oh, I guess I misunderstood the modnote.

I thought it was meant to say: ''for future reference, we get to decide the changes being made to the forum''

Not at all. We're happy to receive feedback and discuss it. We have to get admin to make changes like that, however, so if anything is done it won't be immediately.