Skip to content

Moontanman

Senior Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Moontanman

  1. I apologize, I got the author wrong! It was Harry Turtledove! I love the novels by Goodkind as well, the Richard and Kahlan novels great but I saw the TV series first on those... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldwar_series
  2. I am beginning a reread of the world war series by Terry Goodkind....
  3. The evidence is in the fossil record and the genetic record. What we call complex life started less than one billion years ago. Here is a link to explain the basic domains of life. The further back in time you go the simpler organisms get and the more they resemble each other until you get to the point of a single celled organism. Beyond eukaryotes in the past evolution as we see it in complex life breaks down due to gene sharing and identifying the bacteria that is the UCA becomes impossible. One thing to remember is that what we call simple life (ie bacteria) are not really simple. Bacteria are extremely complex and bear little resemblance to what is thought to have been the first living cells. I would be careful using the assertion of "historical truth" Science does not look for truth. Methodological naturalism is based on evidence but that evidence can never be complete "truth" due to deep time. All we can do is find the most likely path evolution took. If you are truly curious I can direct you to some really great videos explaining this in detail but in a nutshell "absolute truth" cannot always be found and the further back in time you go the less absolute things become.
  4. Check the 6 string bass that girl plays! Makes cold chills run all over me!
  5. Whis is this us you speak of? Sorry I quoted the wrong person!
  6. And what is this us he speaks of?
  7. Citation please ..And you know that how? Citation please. Citation please. Seriously dude, are we supposed just take your word?
  8. I think Rachel does it much better! I'd almost be willing to just watch Rachel wash and comb her hair..
  9. Yeah, I'm a sexy senior citizen... A new thread could probably be started on the morality of a woman having this woman's hair!
  10. If you have a sub woofer crank it up! Great mix of this classic song...
  11. Their style is both unique and reminiscent of heavy metal from the old days, they do a great cover of Ballroom blitz. They have a lot of music out, all over you tube, not sure how well their latest album is doing but I'll post some more of their stuff. This is a cover but they do it better than the original. IMHO. Sara's big sister can play that six string bass like nobody's business, I love it! This one is original.
  12. They just keep getting better! Original Music from Motion Device!
  13. 4 nuns arrive at the Pearly Gates of Heaven. St. Peter is there to meet them with a bowl of Holy Water. St. Peter goes up to the first nun and says, "Have you ever touched a penis?" The first nun responds, "Yes I have. I have touched a penis with the tip of my finger." St. Peter holds out the bowl and says, "Dip your finger in this Holy Water, and be free to enter the Kingdom of Heaven." The first nun gladly follows the instruction and proceeds to enter Heaven. St. Peter goes to the second nun and again asks, "Have you ever touched a penis?" The second nun replies hesitantly, "Yes. I have touched a penis with my whole hand." St. Peter smiles and says, "Do not despair, simply dip your whole hand into the Holy Water and enter the Kingdom of Heaven." The second nun quickly does as she is told and gladly steps forth into Heaven. At this point the fourth nun cuts in front of the third nun and says, "Listen, I better go next because I'm not gurgling that shit after she sticks her ass in it."
  14. Moontanman replied to iNow's topic in Politics

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.