Everything posted by dimreepr
- Atheism, nature or nurture?
-
Atheism, nature or nurture?
Please explain.
-
Atheism, nature or nurture?
It's a genuine paradox: Atheist/"arelionist", whatever, state's as a matter of fact, there is no such thing as god/s. (Edit let's not get into semantics here.) So therefore, in a world without God's, the bible and the idea's therein have to be written by man and accepted by their fellow man. So therefore, if a lot of people, even in the face of cultural difference, say "that's an idea worth following". No God needed. Therefore, God has become a weapon for atheism/<insert word>. 🤔
-
Atheism, nature or nurture?
Bugger, I'm too late again, god only knows what religion will be the latest version...
-
Atheism, nature or nurture?
Depends on the teacher, none of which were God's... Being an atheist, doesn't have to mean that you don't believe in Jesus, Mohamed etc... 😉
-
Homophobia, nature or nurture?
Then I'm not sure why we are talking about it, in the first place. Perhaps it's like a posh person serving caviar at a very expensive dinner party, just for the chance to say "it's an aquired taste, my dear", because they know you won't like it, because they didn't when they heard about it, and therefore I am so much less nieve than you, ergo more sophisticated. I don't like any sex scene, especially with dolby, because I hate the sound of kissing 😝; I've never felt the need to find out why, I just put my fingers in my ear and pretend it's not happening. I don't rewind the tape in order to collect data/evidence of why I should be outraged Why not? Any prejudice, will automatically lead to an assumption of some sort...
-
Homophobia, nature or nurture?
The definition of tolerate automatically means that you don't like it, you don't have to look. It's not your likes that are important, everyone's happy with their likes, it's the attitude towards your dislikes that should change.
-
How far into the future do we care? And why?
Yep, that's how...
-
How far into the future do we care? And why?
If that were true of every human, then how did Hitler raise an army?
-
How far into the future do we care? And why?
Rito, boss...
-
How far into the future do we care? And why?
Think about it...
-
How far into the future do we care? And why?
Nope, it's evidence that you can't, proof is a very different question.
-
How far into the future do we care? And why?
Can you though?
-
How far into the future do we care? And why?
Indeed, but fundamentally, you had to suck teat first... 😣 How many times... Well, you would say that... 🙄 Every one that counts... 🤞
-
How far into the future do we care? And why?
History is my evidence; for instance, Hitler loved his dog, a very human thing, even for a full blown monster... Every person, that's survived into adulthood, started out with only one capability, sucking on a teat. Just because you can't see your bias, doesn't mean it's not there; you'd have to travel a mile in my shoes to understand mine. Imagine the sort of horrible existance Hitler must have suffered, that made him love dog's more than human's. I'm more inclined to have pity for him, while thanking <insert deity of choice, including the scientific definition.> that I'm not him. I do this by assuming his humanity, because he's the right shape. It's not about intellect, how else do you explain why every supervilan has a doctorate.
-
How far into the future do we care? And why?
-
How far into the future do we care? And why?
Well, we are all capable of caring for something other than ourselves, even the really evil barstewards. And as @TheVat alludes, our cultural bias is the most insidious and, I think, the most difficult to recognise; because, as we know, the box is notoriusly difficult to think outside of. Indeed, the waters are muddy enough...
-
How far into the future do we care? And why?
The point of the metaphor is, we both start out the same shape, it's the enviroment that alters the shape; as I've mentioned before a bully is made not born. So what I'm saying is, given the right enviroment we're all capable of anything* a human is capable of both very, very good and very, very, very bad and however much you deny it, it's also true of you and me. * almost, there are caveats but that's for a different thread.
-
How far into the future do we care? And why?
- How far into the future do we care? And why?
We are all human shaped, much like every snowflake is snowflake shaped; each is unique within that shape but ultimately the same. When/if we get it, then we can shape the future of both. I don't know about this. Indeed, https://biblehub.com/matthew/19-24.htm Religion is not about God/s, it's about us...- How far into the future do we care? And why?
"We all have a price for turning a blind eye" I thought it's relevance is obvious, we care about the future in terms of that price. The wealthy don't really have a concept of price, if societies bin men doesn't take away their shit they go private, it's just a higher cost; but at least it's not a tax.- How far into the future do we care? And why?
Would you put your deepest, darkest and most shameful secrets on Facebook? For fun perhaps, because you're drunk or likes etc. Now ask the same question, if it was illegal or if it would break the heart of a loved one. We all have a price for turning a blind eye; as pointed out by George Orwell in "1984".- How far into the future do we care? And why?
That's the question, not an answer. It's a much more profound question, that most people aren't willing too ask or answer.- Advice please.
Sorry, but I don't think that will be an issue, because I've worked out a rout that's less (just) than 100mtrs. Do you think a switch is advisable at the terminus, or can I just plug in? Or this?- How far into the future do we care? And why?
How many choices do you think you have? Can you be who you are, or are you who you have to be? - How far into the future do we care? And why?
Important Information
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.