Are we thinking about Spacetime all wrong?

JumpinJack

I would argue that space has nothing to do with time. Masstime seems closer to the truth to me. If mass where creating time and gravity then that would explain dark matter, dark gravity, and redshift. Redshift as in with this school of thought all distant galaxies would appear to be moving away, even if they where moving toward us.

So as you approach a black hole there's a lot of mass/gravity which means lots of time. The same would go for the speed of light, the faster you go, the more massive you become and the more time you have.

What I mean by more time is, time moves slower so you have, more time.

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see that you are interested in science and have a good imagination.

Perhaps you could show, in mathematical detail, that your idea matches or improves on the predictions of general relativity.

If mass where creating time and gravity then that would explain dark matter, dark gravity, and redshift. Redshift as in with this school of thought all distant galaxies would appear to be moving away, even if they where moving toward us.

How exactly would it explain the rotation curves of galaxies? Please show calculations that match the observed data.

How exactly would it explain the apparent acceleration of expansion? Please show calculations that match the observed data.

How exactly would it explain the red shifts of distant galaxies? And why would the red-shift be proportional to distance? Please show calculations that match the observed data.

And how does this explain the cosmic microwave background?

Edited by Strange

!

Moderator Note

Welcome to SFN!

While the title asks a question, the OP is an argument against mainstream theory. As such, I need to move this to our Speculations section so students don't mistake any posts for textbook answers.

Please take the time to review the special rules for this section. Evidence to support your idea will be much appreciated. We want to make sure to remove as much guesswork and misunderstanding as possible, to give your idea its best chance at surviving refutation. No need to respond to moderation notes, but if you object you can Report this post.

I would argue that space has nothing to do with time. Masstime seems closer to the truth to me. If mass where creating time and gravity then that would explain dark matter, dark gravity, and redshift. Redshift as in with this school of thought all distant galaxies would appear to be moving away, even if they where moving toward us.

So as you approach a black hole there's a lot of mass/gravity which means lots of time. The same would go for the speed of light, the faster you go, the more massive you become and the more time you have.

What I mean by more time is, time moves slower so you have, more time.

I do have a vague feeling that mass and time are somehow connected more deeply than I am able to understand. If only because it seems to me that mass-less object just cannot sense time. Only... this observation did not lead me where you moved. In fact, it led me nowhere.

start with mass is "resistance to inertial change" Keep that firm in your mind...

GR becomes far easier to understand if you remember your classical physics lessons. Also remember massless particles "no resistance to inertia" still have the space interval to cross.

Edited by Mordred