Homophobia links to Homosexuality and Latent sexualities

ScientistMoon

I have done research to see if homophobes are really closted homosexuals and I came across an article (or 5) that talks about a study done in 1999 in the University of Georgia. I posted a topic about that on yahoo answers (HUGE mistake). Heres a link, (you dont HAVE TO read it, but it will help with this). https://uk.answer.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20151021173043AAVHX20

There were so many loopholes in that study,but does it in some way prove latent homosexuality being linked to homophobia which is linked to homosexuality? Is the study reliable? Also if you did read it, can you answer any questions I may have asked please. So, has homophobia been linked to homosexuality? I know all of this is linked to Sigmund Frued "the father or psychoanalysis, and his theory of the subconcious being linked to almost every single concious action. I also heard 99% of his theories have been proven wrong or improbable at least, is that true? I dont know much about latent homosexuality and there's nothing but biased answers or answers from unreliable sources online, so I'll ask here. According to Frued what are the manifestations of a "latent homosexual"? I read, that they like ultra-masculine jobs, have a lot of male bonding after the normal age to do so, and that they are homophobic but I dont know much about that. Where did the idea of a latent homosexual come from to frued, I know he thought everyone is born bisexual but I dont see how that is related to hidden/repressed desires. Here are some questions about latent homosexuals:

Can they feel true feelings, physical and emotional towards women (or at least think they do)?

Do they frequently have "bro time" with their buddies, more than they do with their wife?

Do they have guy crushes on a friend of a friend, or someone who they arent acquainted to?

Back to the homophobia thing; Homophobia is what often covers up a latent homosexual apparently. But what I dont get is, does homophobia cause latent homosexuality or does latent homosexuality cause homophobia. By that I mean does a person repressed because of their homophobia and does their sexuality cause their homophobia? How do latent homosexuals find out if they are a latent homosexual? Im sure by now you have realised this is personal on a certain level.

Your link doesn't work.

Perhaps you could provide a link to this 1999 study?

You can safely ignore whatever Freud said: he just made stuff up. It isn't science.

There is this: http://psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=buy.optionToBuy&id=2012-02599-001

The abstract implies that parental influence is important (not surprisingly).

Edited by Strange

If you look at dogs, some dogs will go through the motions of what appears to be homosexual behavior; try to hump each other. This behavior in dogs and other animals is often used to justify homosexuality as being natural in nature and therefore to humans.

Dogs of the same sex, who try to hump each other, is actually a form of aggression and not sexuality. This behavior tends to happen with dogs who are competing for alpha, but who don't wish to hurt each other due to being of the same pack. They will use this behavior for dominance, as a substitute for stronger competition violence that can lead to injury.

Not only is top dog homosexual style humping observed, but it is also natural for the dog on the bottom to resist and fight back using normal aggression. If you observe dogs, although the top dog may go through the motions of homosexual behavior, the two dogs never actually engage in coitus, because this behavior has little to do with sexuality. This is where humans cross the line. Homophobic behavior, on the other hand, is natural among dogs because this is a reaction to aggression.

If you look at homosexual activists, they show a lots of aggression. One may argue that this underlying aggression may be why whips, chains and leather are often part of homosexual props. This display of stage aggression, in public, may lead to defensive behavior.

Your point would be less laughable (not much, though maybe a little) if we only saw such behaviors in dogs, but as I noted myself seven years ago, that's just not the case. See here:

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/33922-homosexuality-in-the-animal-kingdom/

Summary: We have yet to find a single species in the animal kingdom that does NOT exhibit some degree of homosexual behavior.

Encourage you to try to avoid these easily remedied ignorances and feeble minded stereotypes. Promise that, if you do, the world and your life will both be much more beautiful, enlightened, and enriched.

Edited by iNow

If you look at homosexual activists, they show a lots of aggression.

Citation needed.

One may argue that this underlying aggression may be why whips, chains and leather are often part of homosexual props.

Citation needed.

Note: offensive and outdated opinions are not valid references.