Islamic exemptions to hospital policy

Prometheus

You do realise that your reference contains no mention of uniforms.

Offences
—(1) A person commits an offence if with intent to deceive (whether expressly or by
implication)—
(a) he falsely represents himself to be registered in the register, or a particular part of it or to
be the subject of any entry in the register;

It is illegal to wear a nurse's uniform if you are not a nurse.

I think you're brush is too wide. It looks more like it's illegal to make people think you're a nurse, but I don't think the uniform alone is illegal (is there illegal clothing in a democracy?). If you were dressing up as a nurse and dispensing medical advice, or trying to get into a secure area, or using the uniform in a way that violates privacy or security, this seems like what the law covers.

If I were wearing a nurse's uniform, or a surgeon's scrubs, or a scientist's lab coat, or even a police/security uniform, just to appear as a member of that profession to anyone looking, that's not illegal. It's not illegal to appear to be someone else until you use that appearance to gain privilege or access you aren't entitled to. Also, it seems like most of these types of uniforms also have identifying insignia attached, and that may tip the scales. If you weren't a nurse but were wearing a nurse's uniform from a specific hospital, and had the accompanying badges and insignia attached that would grant you access, it seems like the police could arrest you for that no matter where you were or what you were doing.

I think you're brush is too wide. It looks more like it's illegal to make people think you're a nurse, but I don't think the uniform alone is illegal (is there illegal clothing in a democracy?). If you were dressing up as a nurse and dispensing medical advice, or trying to get into a secure area, or using the uniform in a way that violates privacy or security, this seems like what the law covers.

If I were wearing a nurse's uniform, or a surgeon's scrubs, or a scientist's lab coat, or even a police/security uniform, just to appear as a member of that profession to anyone looking, that's not illegal. It's not illegal to appear to be someone else until you use that appearance to gain privilege or access you aren't entitled to. Also, it seems like most of these types of uniforms also have identifying insignia attached, and that may tip the scales. If you weren't a nurse but were wearing a nurse's uniform from a specific hospital, and had the accompanying badges and insignia attached that would grant you access, it seems like the police could arrest you for that no matter where you were or what you were doing.

"(is there illegal clothing in a democracy?)"

Nazi Uniforms are, I believe, still illegal in Germany. Wearing a Military Uniform one is not entitled to USA is tbomk illegal. I am sure there are exemptions, excuses, and justification to both laws which render them less draconian - but they are laws which prohibit articles of clothing per se not merely as part of a larger exercise to mislead

"(is there illegal clothing in a democracy?)"

Nazi Uniforms are, I believe, still illegal in Germany. Wearing a Military Uniform one is not entitled to USA is tbomk illegal. I am sure there are exemptions, excuses, and justification to both laws which render them less draconian - but they are laws which prohibit articles of clothing per se not merely as part of a larger exercise to mislead

One wonders how well the "I'm on my way to a costume party" excuse works in such situations.

Wow, it seems you can't even wear part of a US military uniform if you've never served. In fact, the governing code even calls out uniforms that are "similar" to a military uniform, or emulate distinctive parts of a uniform. I wonder how the paramilitary camo pants manufacturers got around that one?

In Germany wearing certain types of uniform (such as police uniforms, but also clerical garbs) in public can be punished, if there is a chance of confusing it with the real deal. Costume parties in private are fine, however, carnivals can be an issue. Nazi uniforms are legal, if they do not contain specific insignia such as swastikas or if the there is a context that clearly demonstrates no incitement to hatred (such as e.g. art installations, theater or equivalent).