ozone generator questions

t00t

Hi recently doing a project .

I recently bought an ozone generator which is used for clarification of wastewater .

Everything was working fine until droplets of water began appearing on the outlet tubes of the ozone generator .

Thus I was wondering if it was possible that this happened because there is an air leak in the output section of the generator which causes the outside air to react with the O to create H2O ?

It is air cooled . With a fan cooling the ozone generators .

Is it air or water cooled?

General steps would be to swap out the oxygen cylinder, tighten your fittings and test for leaks.

Sounds like ambient moisture condensing on the colder pipe caused by leaking oxygen.

I am using PTFE ( Teflon ) tubes . The problem is the water is inside the tubes at the output of the ozone generator .

So I am just wondering if it is possible that when outside air leaks into the output ozone generator tubes could it create H2O ?

Or could it be water from the input oxygen cylinder ?

It could condense from the outside air, but not form. For that you will need free H2 in the air.

Erm , there are H2 in the air right ? so if they come in contact with O they will create H2O ?

Edited by t00t

It is air cooled . With a fan cooling the ozone generators .

I am using PTFE ( Teflon ) tubes . The problem is the water is inside the tubes at the output of the ozone generator .

So I am just wondering if it is possible that when outside air leaks into the output ozone generator tubes could it create H2O ?

Or could it be water from the input oxygen cylinder ?

When the decompressing oxygen meets some of the water molecules in the air, energy is transferred to them causing the water molecules to condense. Escaping gas feels cold..

Even if there was liquid water in the bottom of the cylinder there would be very little in the gas phase after it expanded- far too little to condense out at any sensible temperature.

That water yo see is almost certainly from the air, which suggests that there's a leak somewhere.