New age for humans?

questionquester

First off, no matter how much I try to prove myself of being crazy it still happens. For some reason, I can control 99% of my heart (1% is I cannot make it stop pumping ) I can control my heart rate, send blood to areas of my body at will, dull pain in areas where I see fit, and can enhance muscle strength. All of which while doing practically nothing. I'm not thinking of anything, not listening to sounds, nothing. I just seem to just, do it. Like moving my arm. I would like to know if first, anyone else can do it, and second, if this is some big problem. I have been to the doctor before they seem to notice nothing wrong at all. I am also 15 years old and have been doing the heart things for about 1-2 years. Please send me feedback.

Figure out ways to test these assertions, so you can measure the results and present them as supportive evidence for the hypothesis that you can control your blood circulation with a 99% accuracy. Otherwise, it's all just extraordinary and speculative claims. In a mainstream section, no less.

Do you have access to a sphygmomanometer and a stethoscope? How can you measure enhanced muscle strength? How can you remove as much bias from your testing as possible? As for "sending blood to areas of your body at will", since that's an ongoing process, how would you measure the difference when you attempt to control it? Dulling pain will be difficult to test, since judging pain is extremely subjective, and experiments involving pain can be dangerous.

You might want to start by defining some parameters. When you say you can control your heartrate, do you mean you can make it slow or speed up without any physical changes, or do you mean you can make your heart beat anywhere from 30bpm to 240bpm just by using your mind?

First, thank you for replying.

It's sort of a combination of mentally slowing it down (I.e. just imagining it's slowing) and also me just flexing some muscle or organ (flexing my heart...?) and it slows. As well as that, it seems my resting heart rate is almost double the average (About 140) and it can go above the rpm that is supposed to kill a person (can reach 250) and have no chest pain or any negative effects.

Also, I worded it wrong. It's not enhance as in growing larger but rather they can handle more pain and become more resistant and effective. As well as that, it can dull

First, thank you for replying.

It's sort of a combination of mentally slowing it down (I.e. just imagining it's slowing) and also me just flexing some muscle or organ (flexing my heart...?) and it slows. As well as that, it seems my resting heart rate is almost double the average (About 140) and it can go above the rpm that is supposed to kill a person (can reach 250) and have no chest pain or any negative effects.

Also, I worded it wrong. It's not enhance as in growing larger but rather they can handle more pain and become more resistant and effective. As well as that, it can dull pain as well as completely ignore it.

I don't have any other physical evidence apart from experiences but I might be able to get some at some point. Thanks for the feedback.

Seems? Don't use that word when you're talking about measurements. If you're timing the beating of your heart with a stopwatch or other timepiece of any accuracy, there should be no "seems my resting heart rate is almost double the average". It either will be or it won't.

Ignore the pain resistance for now. Way too subjective even if you could come up with a decent way to test it.

I don't understand why you got "crazy" feedback from a doctor if you can make your heart beat at 250bpm just sitting in his office doing nothing. That's direct evidence of something extraordinarily atypical, and I can't imagine any doctor that wouldn't want to write a paper about you if you could truly do this in a predictable, repeatable, testable way.

That's direct evidence of something extraordinarily atypical, and I can't imagine any doctor that wouldn't want to write a paper about you if you could truly do this in a predictable, repeatable, testable way.

Agreed. This is a very easily testable claim. Everyone has a stopwatch on their phone, if not then someone has a clock.

questionquester, if you really have this ability you should immediately visit any general physician and show him. If they are not interested they will know others who are. You should just focus on the heart rate ability for now because it's so easily verifiable. You are either being dishonest or truly have an amazing ability. I don't know as I don't know anything about human physiology.

I could prove my heart rate so good advice there! Also, for the record, resting is 140 but it can go beyond 240 with exercise or etc. Another bazaar thing that has also been claimed by others is some form of psychic predictions. First off, again, I want to deny to myself that I have random psycic dreams and I came here for scientific views.

They aren't long and detailed, only about 5 or 9 seconds maximum, but they always end up happening with the exact words spoken, thoughts thought, and sounds made. It's really nothing important, it's usually just a conversation but I would like to know if there is some explanation for that.

Another note, they aren't too common. It can range from 1 every 2 months or 4 every week, but usually it's about 1 a month. Furthermore, the "predictions" are not something expected, such as an upcoming test or a new show starting.

Like I said before, it would be great to know if others get this too!

A rest pulse of 90 or higher is sometimes indicative of some underlying health issue (although abnormal values could also highlight the need for a better measurement). The feeling of already having experienced something could be a déjà vu. I.e. a short-term inability of the brain to distinguished between new events and memory of a given event, so to speak.

Edited by CharonY

Back in the 90's, when I was doing a lot of long distance running and speed rep training for cross country, I would wake in the morning with a heart rate of 38 to 42.... I then put on a heart rate monitor to see how high I could get it to go doing hill reps (sprinting up a steep hill... and jogging back down it to rest before going again).. I got up to about 235/240 odd. I think I'd drop dead if it hit 240 at my current fitness level..lol.

I could prove my heart rate so good advice there! Also, for the record, resting is 140 but it can go beyond 240 with exercise or etc.

That's not what you said before. Nobody is going to think it's extraordinary that you can reach a heartrate of 240 with exercise, that's just normal. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Another bazaar thing that has also been claimed by others is some form of psychic predictions. First off, again, I want to deny to myself that I have random psycic dreams and I came here for scientific views.

They aren't long and detailed, only about 5 or 9 seconds maximum, but they always end up happening with the exact words spoken, thoughts thought, and sounds made. It's really nothing important, it's usually just a conversation but I would like to know if there is some explanation for that.

Another note, they aren't too common. It can range from 1 every 2 months or 4 every week, but usually it's about 1 a month. Furthermore, the "predictions" are not something expected, such as an upcoming test or a new show starting.

Like I said before, it would be great to know if others get this too!

Doesn't sound like the kind of thing you can predict so you can't test it. It also sounds like pattern recognition and confirmation bias, so nothing extraordinary there.

I thought you had something with the heartrate changes. It's starting to sound like you're normal, with a normal amount of control that you only think is abnormal. Most of what you've said is indicative of an active imagination.

I peak my heart rate at about 140-160 - with resting a few beats below 50. And DrP a five-fold increase is amazing - you must have been very trim!

Questionquester - get someone who knows how to take a pulse properly to check your resting pulse. If it is over 110-120 I might be tempted to seek the advice of a doctor - not to document your claim but to check that everything is ok. I think it is most likely you are double counting