Open Carry and Stand Your Ground

ydoaPs

Actually, the way Going Armed to the Terror of the Public is written, I'm not sure your normal shotguns and rifles are covered. The word "dangerous" could cover a multitude of weapons, including a sword worn on the hip. The word "unusual", while also applicable to my sword, doesn't seem to describe most shotguns or rifles. Perhaps the unusual bit was added to cover extended magazines.

I'm guessing it's pretty difficult to determine if someone who walks down the street with a shotgun in the crook of his arm is doing it for protection or to terrorize his fellow citizens. Do you have to point a weapon at someone for them to be terrified that you're carrying it around in public?

Here guns are tolerated but simply walking sown the street with a long gun is not allowed, you can carry concealed pistols but the city proper has a law that prohibits carrying guns around unconcealed. I can have my shot gun in my car as long as it's not concealed... makes little sense sometimes...

Now to be sure, I can carry my shotgun if I have a good reason, like taking it into a gun store for some reason, walking around in my own yard is cool as well although police will generally stop and see if there is a problem if you are in the city limits proper. The police seem to have considerable leeway in interpreting this law...