5 replies to this topic

#1 too-open-minded

too-open-minded

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 593 posts
  • LocationFlawda

Posted 2 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

I've seen multiple reports of this on Facebook. Can this be explained?

http://www.wdbj7.com...ty/-/index.html

explanation? 

"Respect individual perception, be open minded." - A.jones

When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think its two hours. That's relativity. - Albert E.

Real G's move like silence in lasagna. - Wayne

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who can't read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and then relearn. -Alvin Toffler

#2 dimreepr

dimreepr

Protist

• Senior Members
  • 971 posts
  • LocationStonehouse, Gloucestershire.

Posted 2 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

It’s called sublimation; in certain, cold dry, conditions the snow/ice turns directly into vapour like dry ice.

Perchance he for whom this bell tolls may be so ill, as that he knows not it tolls for him; and perchance I may think myself so much better than I am.... -John Donne.

#3 John Cuthber

John Cuthber

Chemistry Expert

• Resident Experts
  • 9,634 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 2 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

I've seen multiple reports of this on Facebook. Can this be explained?

http://www.wdbj7.com...ty/-/index.html

explanation? 

Did you actually read the page you cited?

There is an explanation right there.

What's this signature thingy then? Did you know Santa only brings presents to people who click the + sign? -->

#4 too-open-minded

too-open-minded

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 593 posts
  • LocationFlawda

Posted 2 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

Yes I did.... my friends seem to believe it's the work of chemtrails and conspiracy... I was hoping a thread on SF might change their minds. 

"Respect individual perception, be open minded." - A.jones

When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think its two hours. That's relativity. - Albert E.

Real G's move like silence in lasagna. - Wayne

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who can't read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and then relearn. -Alvin Toffler

#5 John Cuthber

John Cuthber

Chemistry Expert

• Resident Experts
  • 9,634 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 2 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

If they really believe that contrails nonsense they may be beyond  saving.

What's this signature thingy then? Did you know Santa only brings presents to people who click the + sign? -->

#6 swansont

swansont

Shaken, not stirred

• Moderators
  • 26,796 posts
  • LocationWashington DC region

Posted 2 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

Yes I did.... my friends seem to believe it's the work of chemtrails and conspiracy... I was hoping a thread on SF might change their minds. 

It sounds like your friends reject science. It's doubtful more science will change their minds.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum                                   To shake my vodka martini, click the up arrow ^

I am not a minimum-wage government shill

My SFN blog: Swans on Tea                                                           

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users