469 replies to this topic

#461 imatfaal

imatfaal

lazy do-nothing mudslinger

• Moderators
  • 7,143 posts
  • LocationSt James's Park

Posted 3 November 2016 - 09:56 PM

blue89 has been suspended for abuse of the reporting system and hijacking threads right, left, and centre.

A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again.

- Alexander Pope

feel free to click the green arrow  ---->

#462 swansont

swansont

Evil Liar (or so I'm told)

• Moderators
  • 35,205 posts
  • LocationWashington DC region

Posted 4 November 2016 - 10:40 AM

After discussion among the moderating staff, blue89's suspension has been extended to a permanent ban. 

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum          To go to the fortress of ultimate darkness, click the up arrow ^

I am not a minimum-wage government shill.             Forget it, Jake — it's Crackpottown.

My SFN blog: Swans on Tea                                                           

#463 Phi for All

Phi for All

Chief Executive Offworlder

• Moderators
  • 16,079 posts
  • LocationCO, USA

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:21 PM

Over 9000, bering strait, and meLothedestroyerofworlds have been suspended pending account review. We sure don't mind hearing controversial perspectives as long as they don't break the rules, and all three of these accounts have pushed those rules far past breaking. We'll be reviewing these accounts separately to see if the suspensions will become permanent. 

Upon staff review, the suspensions have been upgraded to full bans for all three. It's always been our policy to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to learning (very sorry it takes so long sometimes), but when it's obvious the learning is secondary to an agenda, we have to draw the line. It's even more important when that agenda is unsavory as racism and discrimination. No place for those in science.

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred!" -- Super Chicken

God does have to keep the miracles going, or no one would believe that He is real.

#464 swansont

swansont

• Moderators
  • 35,205 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:51 AM

zbigniew.modrzejewski has been suspended three days for spamming the forums with multiple threads on the same topic, and hijacking other discussions. The garish use of text highlighting did not help matters.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum          To go to the fortress of ultimate darkness, click the up arrow ^

I am not a minimum-wage government shill.             Forget it, Jake — it's Crackpottown.

#465 imatfaal

imatfaal

• Moderators
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:29 AM

Dave Davidson has been banned as a sockpuppet of over9000

A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again.

- Alexander Pope

#466 imatfaal

imatfaal

• Moderators
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:43 AM

The Bobster was suspended pending staff review; following review it has been decided to ban permanently.   We have very little tolerance for those who come here with an agenda of hate and division - especially when there is a duplicitous guise of a simple quest for scientific knowledge. 

The ScienceForums.net will ALWAYS be open for scientific discussion - but we draw the line at allowing bigots to use our good name to mask their vile and false propaganda. 

- Alexander Pope

#467 hypervalent_iodine

hypervalent_iodine

Malevolent Viper

• Moderators
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:11 PM

Tampitump has been suspended for one year for abusive behaviour.

#468 swansont

swansont

• Moderators
  • 35,205 posts

Posted 7 January 2017 - 01:03 PM

pittsburghjoe has been suspended a week for repeated posting of unsupported pet theories in the main science section, despite repeated direction not to do this.

Update: Adding another week for violating the rule on sockpuppetry

#469 Phi for All

Phi for All

Chief Executive Offworlder

• Moderators
  • 16,079 posts
  • LocationCO, USA

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:18 AM

notpittsburghjoe has been banned as a sockpuppet of pittsburghjoe, who should be using his vacation time more wisely. 

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred!" -- Super Chicken

God does have to keep the miracles going, or no one would believe that He is real.

#470 swansont

swansont

• Moderators
  • 35,205 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

tkadm30 has been suspended a week for repeated thread hijacking and spamming nonsense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users