Politics Forum Restricted

Cap'n Refsmmat

This may be a little late for an announcement (a few people have noticed this already), but the Politics forum is now closed to members with less than 30 posts who have been registered for less than one month.

The restriction is designed to help keep idiots out of Politics while keeping discussion of generally good quality. We certainly hope you've joined SFN for the science anyway, not the politics section.

• 8 months later...

I didnt come here for politics, unfortunately, the sciences and applications I envision for a national personal transit system are very tied up in politics. Most of what I have seen on that thread is a sidebar to my effort so I cant really complain about not being able to post there. It just seems there ought to be a less exclusive way of doing it. Btw, I agree with the resoning 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I had to search just a little to find the reason for my not being able to post there; and am satisfied with that, basically. I do think that is has been more than 30 days since I have joined--although I do not have 30 posts under the belt yet.

It just so happens that I have noticed a thread down there on the compilation of a 'Bible' over the internet by non-scholars, or possibly (in cases) some scholarly religionists, that I'd love to make a few points in. I would hope that there could be some way that maybe I could persuade administration to consider my having been a member for more than 10 days already, checking my posting history (although nowhere near 30 posts) for circumstantial evidence (or what-have-you) and if considered reasonable enough, set my account so that I could have the priviledge of posting there.

In that it does just happen to be that I am a fairly long standing member of the Society of Biblical Literature (the people who had gotten the Jesus Seminars going, and who have done much to better ancient Near Eastern textual understanding) and in a smaller way am fairly capable enough in both classic Hebrew and Greek (and have the original tongue texts), I would like to add to the conversation there, as well as explain a few matters (such as why some textual lines are consider spurious, and bracketed off in the recensions, etc.).

Regardless, I will abide by the decision handed down to me, and thank you all for taking the time to consider it.

LL

I appreciate your taking the time to consider my case, and allowing me the priviledge of posting there--as I will do, soon enough. I also appreciate your trust. I do make errors when posting (such as my '30 days above, instead of the intended '10 days,' and the missing 't' in what became 'is' ) but we all are, after all, human. Thank you Cap'n Refsmmat !!

LL

• 6 months later...
How about a sexual favour to get in?

What did you have in mind? I'd consider it a favor for some people never to breed, but I don't know you well enough yet to see whether or not you fit into that category.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This may be a little late for an announcement (a few people have noticed this already), but the Politics forum is now closed to members with less than 30 posts who have been registered for less than one month.

The restriction is designed to help keep idiots out of Politics while keeping discussion of generally good quality. We certainly hope you've joined SFN for the science anyway, not the politics section.

I find my Avatar do not show ! but other people show, Please you could help me for this!

best wishes to you!

yours sincerely,

zheng sheng ming

2011-2-18

I find my Avatar do not show ! but other people show, Please you could help me for this!

best wishes to you!

yours sincerely,

zheng sheng ming

2011-2-18

Upload it here:

http://www.scienceforums.net/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=avatar

You uploaded it to the user photo place, not the avatar place.

i know my politics well and i think that the waiting period should be lifted and given full usage immediately but if you feel the need to have this in effect then i will abide and put in my needed time before i am administered complete political access

I didnt come here for politics, unfortunately, the sciences and applications I envision for a national personal transit system are very tied up in politics. Most of what I have seen on that thread is a sidebar to my effort so I cant really complain about not being able to post there. It just seems there ought to be a less exclusive way of doing it. Btw, I agree with the resoning 100%.

If your interest is transit, why not post/discuss some of the technical aspects you are interested in the engineering or other forums? Then, when your restriction period is finished, you can move on to discussing the politics of it too.