Photo
- - - - -

Any way to induce hallucination without drugs?

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#1 hw help

hw help

Suspended

• Banned
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:33 AM

Is there a method for hallucinating? Instead of using pyschedelic drugs like shrooms, acid, etc.

Is there a way where u dont need drugs to make u hallucinate?

Why i ask this? Because i want to experience hallucination, i want to know whats it like, visual and auditory, and other hallucinations.

Is there anyway to induce it?
"Living is waiting to die"

#2 clarisse

clarisse

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationMx

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:54 AM

You could always stop sleeping for a few days in a row though I would not recommend it.

*≈ @–Я• ≈*

#3 lrokwild

lrokwild

Meson

• Senior Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:05 AM

Dream.... and remember your dreams.... then as time goes on you might be able to become aware in your dream that you are in fact dreaming and you might be able to manipulate your experiences in that dream in a way that you experience some serious audio and visual hallucinations.

As far as hallucinating without drugs, the only way is to daydream I guess...or like someone suggested.... donít sleep for 2 or 3 days. You can also try sensory depravation.... where you essentially strap yourself into a body bag, put earplugs in and completely remove yourself from all senses. After a day or 2 of this dreams will actually seem like real conscious experiences, which could be defined as hallucinations. I would recommend doing this under the supervision of doctors and or psychologist/psychiatrist
Curious George :rolleyes:

#4 hw help

hw help

Suspended

• Banned
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:09 AM

Dream.... and remember your dreams.... then as time goes on you might be able to become aware in your dream that you are in fact dreaming and you might be able to manipulate your experiences in that dream in a way that you experience some serious audio and visual hallucinations.

As far as hallucinating without drugs, the only way is to daydream I guess...or like someone suggested.... donít sleep for 2 or 3 days. You can also try sensory depravation.... where you essentially strap yourself into a body bag, put earplugs in and completely remove yourself from all senses. After a day or 2 of this dreams will actually seem like real conscious experiences, which could be defined as hallucinations. I would recommend doing this under the supervision of doctors and or psychologist/psychiatrist

no not dreaming, but like open eye hallucinations.

I read somewhere on this forum that u could induce hallucination with magnets, putting them on your head, but u have to know where to put them.
Im not sure if this is true, so just checking.

Does anyone have another suggestion?

#5 JustStuit

JustStuit

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 876 posts
  • LocationLovely Florida

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:32 AM

I don't think the magnets would have any effect whatsoever.
Embrace the Calculus

#6 hw help

hw help

Suspended

• Banned
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:56 AM

I don't think the magnets would have any effect whatsoever.

and what proof do u have to back up the unconfirmed statement you just had?

#7 Lance

Lance

Organism

• Senior Members
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationDeserted Island

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:32 AM

and what proof do u have to back up the unconfirmed statement you just had?

rofl.
Marvin: I am at a rough estimate thirty billion times more intelligent than you. Let me give you an example. Think of a number, any number.
Zem: Er, five.
Marvin: Wrong. You see?

#8 clarisse

clarisse

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationMx

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:35 AM

rofl.

Me too ...

*≈ @–Я• ≈*

#9 JustStuit

JustStuit

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 876 posts
  • LocationLovely Florida

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:36 AM

There are many claims that magnets induce blood flow and heal the body but no respectable sources have proved this (as far as I know.) Also, I don't see what the electromagnetic force would do to the body. It guess could affect iron in the blood or electromagnetic pulses in the brain but I don't see how this would make hallucenations.

After looking for a whileI couldn't find many articles but I found this one
http://www.research....e2001/mice.html
I do not know how reputable a source it is but I will put it out there.

This one talks about the effect of magnets on rats. It says nothing about hallucenations, but then again they used rats so it would be hard to tell. But they subjected them to high levels of elctromagnetism which I doubt could be reproduced with simple magnets. It would need a powerful soure to induce it. So I will say that ordinary magnets will have no or very little effect.
Embrace the Calculus

#10 Lance

Lance

Organism

• Senior Members
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:38 AM

If an MRI has no affect on the human body then you can be damn certain your toy magnets are not going to have any affect.
Marvin: I am at a rough estimate thirty billion times more intelligent than you. Let me give you an example. Think of a number, any number.

#11 JustStuit

JustStuit

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 876 posts
  • LocationLovely Florida

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:39 AM

Oh and by the way do any of the cat scans or MRI's use a magnetic field at all? I thought they did. I think we would know because they would report incidences of hallucenations.
Embrace the Calculus

#12 JustStuit

JustStuit

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 876 posts
  • LocationLovely Florida

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:39 AM

Oh didn't see post but that confirms it i guess.
Embrace the Calculus

#13 Lance

Lance

Organism

• Senior Members
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:42 AM

Indeed. A magnetic field strong enough to pull a steel scalpel through your left ventricle

#14 JustStuit

JustStuit

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 876 posts
  • LocationLovely Florida

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:44 AM

lol, I never thought of that. Silly me
Embrace the Calculus

#15 ecoli

ecoli

murderator

• Moderators
  • 8,606 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:11 AM

back to the OP, you can hallucinate by geting a fever, although I'm not sure how you could induce a fever... get pneumonia, maybe.
[14:02] <Sato> I
[14:02] <Sato> want
[14:02] <Sato> Schroedinger
[14:04] == Schroedingers_hat [~matt@CPE-121-222-209-157.lnse1.woo.bigpond.net.au] has joined #sfn

#16 hw help

hw help

Suspended

• Banned
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:42 AM

back to the OP, you can hallucinate by geting a fever, although I'm not sure how you could induce a fever... get pneumonia, maybe.

I have many fevers..never had hallucination though. The only thing when i get fevers is i feel like shit..lol

#17 clarisse

clarisse

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationMx

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:50 AM

Oh yes, when you have a high fever you can have hallucinations. Like this one time I remember seeing pink ostriches dancing in the curtains. Or once I was convinced that my bed wanted to kill me. It was really scary. Now when I remember it's just hilarious. But as I said, when you stop sleeping you seriously hallucinate. Normally people tend to start hearing things and I suppose that after very prolonged insomnia they will start to experience visual hallucinations.

*≈ @–Я• ≈*

#18 starbug1

starbug1

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:09 AM

I've thought about this too because I want to experience a hallucination, and I've come up with the only reasonable answer without using illegal drugs, without inducing fever, without the application of magnets to the brain, or sleep deprivation, which doesn't have quite the same effect.

Medical marijuana is legal, right? Find somebody who has some and just borrow a few of the pills. If you take twice the dose, the effect should be similar to the hallucinogenic experience from smoking a joint, in theory.

That's my explanation anyway.

#19 clarisse

clarisse

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationMx

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:12 AM

I've thought about this too because I want to experience a hallucination, and I've come up with the only reasonable answer without using illegal drugs, without inducing fever, without the application of magnets to the brain, or sleep deprivation, which doesn't have quite the same effect.

Medical marijuana is legal, right? Find somebody who has some and just borrow a few of the pills. If you take twice the dose, the effect should be similar to the hallucinogenic experience from smoking a joint, in theory.

Except that even though marijuana is legal that doesn't take away the fact that it's a drug and the OP said:

Is there a way where u dont need drugs to make u hallucinate?

But yes I suppose that the effect would be quite the same

*≈ @–Я• ≈*

#20 hw help

hw help

Suspended

• Banned
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:13 AM

okay i don't think u read my post clearly. I said "drugs", not "illegal drugs". And by drugs, i mean drugs in general.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users