The radicalisation of science and Internet

tkadm30

The radicalisation of modern science is an important ethical issue. I think we should not let the Internet become a elite tool to enforce, control, and moderate experimental research based on unilateral ideology. For example the radicalisation of geoengineering is a idea which should be discussed freely to identify the risks and consequences of this classified activity. When evidences are not provided by the author of a posting, I guess its pretty easy to use Google and search without harassing the author of false claims. Furthermore, threats are not welcome as formal method to provide any feedback on a post. I guess civilism applies also to "moderators" of the forum. :)

You have, in the past, claimed repeatedly, and without any supporting evidence, that geoengineering is a widespread current practice.

There is no evidence that this is the case.

If, as you say "When evidences are not provided by the author of a posting, I guess its pretty easy to use Google and search without harassing the author of false claims. " then the author of those claims should use google and cite evidence.

The person making the claim is responsible for supporting it.

The only meaningful threat that anyone on this forum can make is the threat to ban you.
That action is only taken against those who persistently break the rules.

The rules require you to do what you say is easy- they require that you provide evidence when asked.

You have repeatedly not done so.

You have, in the past, claimed repeatedly, and without any supporting evidence, that geoengineering is a widespread current practice.

Do you want to argue that my observations of clandestine geoengineering activity are cognitive abnormalities? I'm new to this forum. I have not done extensive research of geoengineering in this forum so far. I'm sick of this harassement to require unilateral evidences of observable scientific phenomenons. Observability of abstract phenomenons is experimental research. I think we should not prohibit experimental research on the assertion that evidences do not exist.

Edited by tkadm30

I'm sick of this harassement to require unilateral evidences of observable scientific phenomenons.

!

Moderator Note

This is a science site. You are expected to back up your claims. if things are observable, point us to those observations.

Start now, or you will be finding that your threads are going to get locked down.

Do not respond to this modnote in the thread.

I think we should not prohibit experimental research on the assertion that evidences do not exist.

!

Moderator Note

The simple solution is to provide the evidence. What is your evidence that this is happening?

I'm just observing a form of moderation and control on Internet forums based on unilateral scientific radicalisation of

experimental research. Is experimental research prohibited on the Internet? This form of elitism appears to me as detrimental to

the neutrality of science.

I'm just observing a form of moderation and control on Internet forums based on unilateral scientific radicalisation of

experimental research.

!

Moderator Note

And you are being asked for examples of that. I'm getting tired of asking. This is like pulling teeth, and it shouldn't be.

I'm sick of this harassement to require unilateral evidences of observable scientific phenomenons.

If these are observable scientific phenomena then it should be easy for you to provide evidence.

Why is asking you to support your claims "harassment"?

And it isn't unilateral: everyone should be able to support their claims. Of course if someone claims that gravity follows an inverse square law, then they are unlikely;iekly to be asked to support that. It is common knowledge. But f someone claims a massive secret worldwide conspiracy, then I would expect at least an attempt to support it.

experimental research. Is experimental research prohibited on the Internet? This form of elitism appears to me as detrimental to

the neutrality of science.

Asking you to provide evidence is not elitism. It is the way science works.

I'm deeply fascinated by science.

But you dislike the rigour and methods required, apparently.

If these are observable scientific phenomena then it should be easy for you to provide evidence.

Why is asking you to support your claims "harassment"?

And it isn't unilateral: everyone should be able to support their claims. Of course if someone claims that gravity follows an inverse square law, then they are unlikely;iekly to be asked to support that. It is common knowledge. But f someone claims a massive secret worldwide conspiracy, then I would expect at least an attempt to support it.

Asking you to provide evidence is not elitism. It is the way science works.

But you dislike the rigour and methods required, apparently.

Providing evidences is not the way science works. This is just a unilateral policy that dictate how should I discover the truth in my observations. It is harassment to

consistantly require evidences checking to validate a experimental observation. You guys seriously need to use your imagination and creativity to search (the Internet) for "evidences" and connections. I do not need empirical evidences to do legitimate investigations: I have a scientific method and legitimate reasons to investigate my local observations.

Providing evidences is not the way science works.

!

Moderator Note

A. You're wrong, and

B. at the very least, it's how it works on this site.

This topic may only be re-introduced if there is a reasonable amount of documentation/evidence to support the claim