WMD's and other bullshit

paragaster

Who is responsible for the mess in Iraq? As per Americans there were WMD's with which Saddam Hussein was threatening countries adjacent to Iraq. Was this an intelligence failure Or A willful act by America and its allies to get a foothold in the Middle-East to fight against alleged terrorists.?

I remember year 2004 because a tsunami killed over half a million people of nations bordering The Bay Of Bengal. In one of the posts it was mentioned that earthquakes can be created artificially. I wonder how a 9.2 richter scale earthquake hit below the Bengal of Bengal which had no history of earthquakes as big as this.

I remember year 2004 because a tsunami killed over half a million people of nations bordering The Bay Of Bengal. In one of the posts it was mentioned that earthquakes can be created artificially. I wonder how a 9.2 richter scale earthquake hit below the Bengal of Bengal which had no history of earthquakes as big as this.

Earth quakes can be created artificially? I think this needs some support...

Earth quakes can be created artificially? I think this needs some support...

Depends on what you mean. There is evidence that fracking has resulted in an increase in earthquakes in regions that don't normally have them.

So it's entirely possible to cause earthquakes to happen. The question is whether it is possible to intentionally cause an earthquake rarher than just having a general increase in seismic activity as a result of human activity.

I don't think we're anywhere near that point, and even if we were, there is quite a difference between being able to "cause an earthquake" and being able to cause an earthquake of that magnitude.

That would require a huge amount of energy already bound up in the earth's crust, so even if someone had the ability to trigger a large earthquake, the most they could probably do is trigger an earthquake that was already going to happen anyway, and likely wind up with a weaker one than would have occurred if the tension had been allowed to continue building and the release naturally.

I don't find this scenario to be remotely plausible in any case, so it's really a moot point about what could be achieved with technology that nobody has anyway.

!

Moderator Note

There's little value in a discussion with a specific topic (WMDs) and no distinguishable parameters (and other BULLSHIT). This is leading straight to conspiracy theory, and we don't do that here.

If you can open another thread without the conspiracy, please feel free to do so. Stick to a single topic when you can, and try not to jump from subject to subject. If you make extraordinary claims, you need to support them with extraordinary evidence.

This thread is closed.