Bothers me

Chatha

Quantum mechanics boldly points at several contradictions from many references. First the atom wave duality experiment gives us reference that there is no reality, the inhibitions of accuracy, and the endless debate on causality or predetermined universe. Is anyone still currently studing this field and why?

QM is the basis for much of atomic and nuclear physics. Any legitimate degree in physics is going to involve at least one class in QM. So yes, it's studied. "Because that's how nature appears to behave" is why.

how active is the field of quantum physics

Quantum Mechanics is not studied much anymore, basically because it is incomplete. Quantum Field Theory (where the fields themseleves are also quantised) on the other hand is very widely studied.

I don't think QM is incomplete. It's our interpretation of QM which is either wrong or incomplete. QM has been highly successful. It gave us lasers, superconductivity, zero point energy, particle physics etc...

I don't think QM is incomplete. It's our interpretation of QM which is either wrong or incomplete.
This does not make sense to me. QM is not some 'real thing' waiting to be discovered, digested and understood. QM is our interpretation of observations. You have perpetrated a tautology. Shame on you.:)

This does not make sense to me. QM is not some 'real thing' waiting to be discovered, digested and understood. QM is our interpretation[/u'] of observations. You have perpetrated a tautology. Shame on you.:)

True, all physical theories are our interpretation of nature.

QM is a description of one particle states. To allow particle pair production you need QFT

The problem is with Schroedinger's equation. It is not relativistic, reducing to Newtonian mechanics rather than relativistic mechanics in the correspondence limit.

QM is a description of one particle states. To allow particle pair production you need QFT.

Severian can you go into this slightly? I've never studied QFT but i have studied QM analysis of hydrogen.

Thank you