Opinions on Posting in General Forum Doesn't Add To Your Post Count.

Guest Brinnie

How Does That Make You Feel?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How Does That Make You Feel?

• [B][COLOR=RED]IT SUX! I'VE BEEN POSTING HERE SINCE ___ AND IT LOOKS LIKE ____ !![/COLOR][/B]
    • [COLOR=blue][SIZE=3]I Think it's great. It stops a lot of mindless postwhoring.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    • [B][COLOR=green][SIZE=3]They should probably be counted... For various reasons.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    • A post is a post. relativise that until its only existence is it's non-existence

Guest Brinnie

And How Does Thart Make You Feel?

As a n00b, it's kinda weird, cos it's liek putting unwanted pressure on me to post in other forums. But that's just me.

this is primaraly a science site. the general discussions section is here so that we can post things of a non-sciency nature, inbetween posting on the main fora; i dont think that the intention was to create a general discussion site with a few coinsidental science areas.

ie, the main interest should be the scientifical fora anyway, and general discussions should be considered a bonus area, thus not putting any 'pressure' as such on us to post in the main fora.

having said that, iv always been curiouse as to what the actual point of the post count is?

what the actual point of the post count is?

Take Brinnie for example, she (I assume they're a she!) could be a long term user wondering about the GD post count thing or it could be a new person wanting lots of post in their post count.... judging by the fact they have 0 posts, I'm guessing.....

It's just useful for a second glance to see if the person posting is a true member (like if they're staying) or just someone popping in for a few posts, (although everyone has to start somewhere)....

having said that' date=' iv always been curiouse as to what the actual point of the post count is?[/quote']

If you graphed the relation of post count to coolness it would look somthing like this:

graph.bmp

oh. right. well' date=' thanx for the info.

weeee, i can only improve, whereas its all downhill for you now :P[/quote']

No, you don't understand. The graph is dynamic. The vertex of the parabola corresponds to my post count.

Guest Brinnie
Hey, if you don't have anything to say in the science part, then don't expect to be recognized for it.

Now this brings up an interesting point.

By saying that, you recognize the "post" as a scientific credit.

Now this brings up an interesting point.

By saying that' date=' you recognize the "post" as a scientific credit.[/quote']Speaking of interesting scientific points, voting for all four choices in your own poll skews the results a bit, doesn't it?

i suppose it actually just encourages the mindless postwhoring to spread out into other forums to raise their post count, doesnt it?
We have ways of dealing with that. :D

hmmmm. point taken. i suppose it actually just encourages the mindless postwhoring to spread out into other forums to raise their post count, doesnt it?

Which is just a waste of their time, because for the most part spam in science threads lasts about an hour.

Its a good idea. I have been a member of other forums that didn't use vBulletin, so there was no post count, and you really didn't know who the "serious" members were. Post count ranking, and the fact that the only way to get a high rank on a science forum is to talk about science makes perfect sense.