Is this a valid theory ?

Eldad Eshel

I was thinking about the electric field, and came up with an idea, tell me if it is valid.

Perhaps electrons and protons (and other carriers of the force) bend space in such a way that electrons (and other negative particles) bend it to one direction, while protons (and other positive particles) bend it to the other direction. In this way also the electrons repel each other, as do protons, while electrons and protons attract each other. I am not sure if this bending of space is in 3 or 4 dimensions, 4 seems more reasonable to me though.

Here is a picture -

Physics.jpg

(Well, strictly speaking, it is not a valid "theory" because it is just a rather vague, general idea.)

However, there has been some work done to produce a theory of electromagnetism based on curved space-time. The best known is probably Kaluza-Klein theory: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaluza–Klein_theory

There is also Rainich-Misner-Wheeler theory (which know even less about!)

In the classic physics, two charges the same sign, repel with force that's inversely proportional to square distance between them.

The shorter distance, the stronger repelling force.

Force between two point charges:

[math]F=k_e\frac{q_1 q_2}{r^2}[/math]

(you can easily show it in scalar and vector form)

Remove one q from equation to outside:

[math]F=q_1 k_e\frac{q_2}{r^2}[/math]

[math]F=q_1 E_2[/math]

This gives electric field equation around 2nd point charge:

[math]E_2=k_e\frac{q_2}{r^2}[/math]

and second one around 1st point charge:

[math]E_1=k_e\frac{q_1}{r^2}[/math]

If you can program C/C++, make 3D OpenGL application which is visualizing them as vectors-arrows pointing in one or other direction, in 3D array,

with editable point charges, and instant update of arrows representing forces at various distances around them.