How many times has humanity reset?

Scotty99

I was going to link you images strange but honestly just google "puma punku stones". There are so many its easier that way.

No. If you claim there is something that could "only" be produced by modern machinery then it is up to you to provide the evidence.

Scotty99, what are you suggesting?

We all agree that building ancient megaliths would have been hard for these people. It took then a lot of time, manpower and ingenuity. It took them the best of their knowedge in mathematics, engineering and material science.

But are you hinting are something else?

I know what you all are thinking it was aliens right? I tried to explain above that is NOT what i am saying. So far from the truth. This entire thread is about the human race going back millions (maybe BILLIONS) of years with only scraps of knowledge being left behind from cataclysmic events.

No. If you claim there is something that could "only" be produced by modern machinery then it is up to you to provide the evidence.

Scroll up one post, well here it is again since its saved in my copy post:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrBT8y0vGdXoCAA7npXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0OG8yMzhpBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjE5MTBfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=puma+punku+stones&fr=yfp-t-726,463&fr2=piv-web#id=431&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmayrsom.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F02%2Fpumapunku-2009-14.jpg%3Fw%3D600&action=click

I know what you all are thinking it was aliens right? I tried to explain above that is NOT what i am saying. So far from the truth. This entire thread is about the human race going back millions (maybe BILLIONS) of years with only scraps of knowledge being left behind from cataclysmic events.

So you dismiss the knowledge we do have because it is not complete (and therefore we "know nothing").

On the other hand, you believe made-up stories with zero evidence.

I think you need to take a course in critical thinking.

These are very crudely carved stones. There are far more intricate structures (such as western cathedrals) created by hand, before the existence of modern machinery.

Those holes appear hand carved to you? Are you serious?

You have provided no evidence to think otherwise. It seems the obvious conclusion. People have been carving stones for millennia.

So you dismiss the knowledge we do have because it is not complete (and therefore we "know nothing").

On the other hand, you believe made-up stories with zero evidence.

I think you need to take a course in critical thinking.

What "knowledge" we do have strange i cant take seriously. Id love to see a proper explanation of how we built these structures, but my brain will not allow me to accept ropes and logs.

These are very crudely carved stones. There are far more intricate structures (such as western cathedrals) created by hand, before the existence of modern machinery.

You have provided no evidence to think otherwise. It seems the obvious conclusion. People have been carving stones for millennia.

You are looking at the wrong pics i made a bad link, http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SAA2PKUnvrM/TrQFyK9whhI/AAAAAAAAAYQ/sHyBOucrNS0/s1600/puma-punku-em-tiahuanaco.jpg or this https://therh.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/pumapunkadrilledholes.jpg or this http://ancientufo.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/puma-punku.jpg

Edited by Scotty99

I know what you all are thinking it was aliens right?

I am not sure what you are suggesting!

This entire thread is about the human race going back millions (maybe BILLIONS) of years with only scraps of knowledge being left behind from cataclysmic events.

But we have now given you plenty of evidence that this cannot be the case. It just does not fit with what we know about human evolution, for example.

Your hypothesis cannot be correct.

As this is a science forum, you should re-examine your evidence in light of what people have said here.

What "knowledge" we do have strange i cant take seriously. Id love to see a proper explanation of how we built these structures, but my brain will not allow me to accept ropes and logs.

If you are (a) ignorant of the state of modern archeology, paleontology and other relevant science and (b) unwilling to accept any evidence anyway, this all seems rather pointless.

Again, please provide some evidence that these are not carved by hand. ("I can't believe it" is not evidence. Well, evidence of a closed mind and lack of imagination maybe. And a profound disrespect for humanity.)

in my heart of hearts i cannot even fathom how that could have been completed.

!

Moderator Note

That's a classic case of argument from personal incredulity. Logical fallacies are not an acceptable form of argument.

In actuality i am suggesting humans have been around for billions of years if i am being honest, with evidence being here and gone each time an asteroid hits or a tsunami washes everything away. If you look at humanity on that large of a scale and how often extinction events hit you will get an idea of what im trying to get across here.

Obviously this begs the question of how do we repopulate? That is the key here. I dont know how far back this goes but are extinction events ACTUAL extinction events?

!

Moderator Note

This is a science site, not tales of wonder and amazement. The currency here is evidence, and you are flat broke.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.