Pneumatic Motor Information

S. Herzman

If you are not willing to answer questions here, this becomes unpaid advertising, which we don't allow. I understand you have a patent on this motor. Any reasons why you can't discuss it here?

People receive patents for stuff that doesn't work all the time. Not saying Herzman's negative friction pneumatic motor falls into that category though. :rolleyes:

I am not trying to be in anyway uncoth or derogitory.
And you certainly weren't. I had it in mind that you either didn't want to talk about it in the forums for fear of someone stealing your idea, or that you were soliciting an email list for marketing purposes.

Enough of that. Tell us how you get around the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics violation this type of motor would seem to engender.

this motor utilizes shaft bearings and a large oil pan. These items reduce fritcion and Bertiolli's (I think that is right) principle takes over. The larger the reduction in the travel path of a fluid or gas the more the increase in speed. The frictional problem is taken care of by a good number of bearings and oil

compressor powers the turbine, the generator produces more than enough energy to supply both the compressor and several auxillary functions as required or desired. I ran a small boat radio and depth sounder in the boston whaler I built with it and it ran well and powered those two devices with little effort.

blike,

the motor does produce a bit more energy than it requires to run and to move the apparatus that it powers. not much but some. on my original prototype I was running the motor and a small ship board radio on a 19' Boston Whaler out of Kings Point. We moved at about 24 knots and was able to increase to about 30 before we saw a small decrease in the efficency. Have since worked out a few new perks that should increase the sea speed drastically

phi if you e-mail your address I will mail youa copy of my brochure and press release so that you can see one instance of the motor.
I'm reluctant to give you my address. If you can scan the pages (black & white, 100-200 dpi) I can walk you through how to attach it to one of your posts here, so everyone can see it.