Humans are so very stupid...

sonjouten05

You know, humans are very stupid in general and quite arrogant.. We've spent what? around 2000 years or so up in the sky for life that may or may not be wanting to wipe us out..

Yet.. you look at the sheer mass of the earth, and we don't actively inhabit 25% of that.. and the fact that we are really only about 100k-500k years old evolutionarily speaking, yet we know that many things had evolutionary head starts on us, things that adapted to those environments and very LIKELY that some of their descendants still exist with us today, either deep in the ocean depths, or even possibly "bottled time" containers that squeeze the spacetime of a city or so into the size of a barrel. It turns out that most unexplained ufo sightings may not be alien at all... well that theyre earthling anyways. Theres a good chance theyre closer related to reptiles though, just well.. reasons.

Edited by sonjouten05

Certainly your post went a long way to convincing me that this was likely true of at least one human

if you really think that humanity is at the peak of evolution, than yes. Its definitely obvious for one person.

even under the worst extinction scenarios we think are possible, it seems entirely possible that theres still a 70% chance of humans surviving in some form. you really think that a sapient being that is several million years or so more evolved than us could have increased there survival chances as well? Seriously, I dont see how people dont see the obviousness of it. if you believe evolution than other branches of intelligent life being of different species, is not only possible.. but likely..

Edited by sonjouten05

If you think evolution has a peak, then you are in for a surprise.

i dont think it has a peak, thats exactly my point. i think another sentient being exists, i think they hide themselves very well and have no direct motivation to interact with us, though obviously it accidentally happens. they arent aliens though, theyre as terrestrial as you and i.

i dont think it has a peak, thats exactly my point. i think another sentient being exists, i think they hide themselves very well and have no direct motivation to interact with us, though obviously it accidentally happens. they arent aliens though, theyre as terrestrial as you and i.

Guesswork, or do you have any evidence? Because without any evidence, your requisite that "they hide themselves" is the sort of magic that takes this inquiry out of the realm of science. Then you claim they aren't aliens. How do you know? Without evidence?

As for evolution, there's no goal, no peak, no ultimate creature, no hierarchy of improvements. It's a process, ongoing and inevitable. Nothing had a "head start" on us, as far as evolution goes (all we vertebrates started as a small fish). We may not have lots of the traits other creatures have, but contrary to your title, we are so very smart that we can overcome just about every disadvantage.

Guesswork, or do you have any evidence? Because without any evidence, your requisite that "they hide themselves" is the sort of magic that takes this inquiry out of the realm of science. Then you claim they aren't aliens. How do you know? Without evidence?

As for evolution, there's no goal, no peak, no ultimate creature, no hierarchy of improvements. It's a process, ongoing and inevitable. Nothing had a "head start" on us, as far as evolution goes (all we vertebrates started as a small fish). We may not have lots of the traits other creatures have, but contrary to your title, we are so very smart that we can overcome just about every disadvantage.

russian "uso's" unidentified submerged objects, come from the ocean than fly, theres thousands of documented cases from respected military personnel there and of course here in america. I think its like how ants in an ant farm might see us, obviously theyre not exactly aggressive, otherwise they wouldve killed us (instead of slowly farming us, which seems much more likely)

Theyre quite indifferent to us, but i think at the same time would rather us going on believing that we really are the "top of the food chain"

My evidence for the entire belief is quite simple, evolution. Reptiles were promonate for much longer than primates, i definately believe they advanced to similar levels to our current levels in the past, lived through a few extinction events, and now mostly just exist in a spatial dimensional bottle(which also affects the timeflow inside, making a 100 years or so in 5 weeks maybe? if they can compress that much space at least..)

I think they did interact before, and probably was likely for many religious movements, as to their desires. no telling, itd be like a termite figuring out what a walrus wants.

if you really think that humanity is at the peak of evolution, than yes. Its definitely obvious for one person.

But no one claimed that was the case.

you really think that a sapient being that is several million years or so more evolved than us could have increased there survival chances as well? Seriously, I dont see how people dont see the obviousness of it. if you believe evolution than other branches of intelligent life being of different species, is not only possible.. but likely..

But what evidence do you have for this ... "thing"? There is a large gap between possible and existing.

russian "uso's" unidentified submerged objects, come from the ocean than fly, theres thousands of documented cases from respected military personnel there and of course here in america. I think its like how ants in an ant farm might see us, obviously theyre not exactly aggressive, otherwise they wouldve killed us (instead of slowly farming us, which seems much more likely)

Theyre quite indifferent to us, but i think at the same time would rather us going on believing that we really are the "top of the food chain"

My evidence for the entire belief is quite simple, evolution. Reptiles were promonate for much longer than primates, i definately believe they advanced to similar levels to our current levels in the past, lived through a few extinction events, and now mostly just exist in a spatial dimensional bottle(which also affects the timeflow inside, making a 100 years or so in 5 weeks maybe? if they can compress that much space at least..)

I think they did interact before, and probably was likely for many religious movements, as to their desires. no telling, itd be like a termite figuring out what a walrus wants.

I work with people who spend the best part of their lives in the deep ocean - mariners who will be on constant watch for maritime debris in some parts of the world, small boats in others, pirates tragically in more seas than is acceptable, and even icebergs in the North Atlantic; they have some pretty good tales to tell but none of these USOs you are saying are so common

My evidence for the entire belief is quite simple, evolution.

That's not supportive evidence for the weird, extraordinary claims you're making. And it's clear you don't really understand evolution.

It's also a bit disingenuous to claim reptiles were prominent for a longer time than primates. They we're, but we're not done yet. That's like saying the Roman Empire was better than the United States for the same reasons.

Why would you ever think reptiles "advanced to similar levels to our current levels in the past"? Why didn't they leave cities or artifacts then? That would be the kind of evidence we're looking for, something that supports your idea better than just hand-waiving insistence.

Just speculating. No way of knowing for sure, but thats what i believe based on the evidence. Anecdotal or otherwise, i think we don't have them in our immediate fossil records because the life theyre not is much smaller and more space efficient than they was than, the hyperbolic time chamber from Dragon ball z would be a good analogy of they world they created to survive, cut off spatially and dimensionally, they still come through our dimension but the flow of time is much different between the two planes. I believe it though, i truly do.

That's not supportive evidence for the weird, extraordinary claims you're making. And it's clear you don't really understand evolution.

It's also a bit disingenuous to claim reptiles were prominent for a longer time than primates. They we're, but we're not done yet. That's like saying the Roman Empire was better than the United States for the same reasons.

Even if that is the case, it would not matter. It is almost certain that nothing will be longer around than bacteria.

To me, how were "as great as a storm".. whose to say that storm isn't a sentient being? They grow, consume reproduce, use water and air, and don't always move as projected. Its obviously not the most intelligent life, but it affects the most people.. me believing storms are alive already says there's alien life (storms on other planets) but chances are if any of all the unexplained ufo cases are to be believed (including by ex presidents and military personnel) what ever the beings were MORE than likely came from here. They're terrestrial non humanoids.

"Time in a bottle " was a weird dream i had long ago. Basically i looked over a weird rotating barrel and it sucked me in. Inside of it was vast, probably city sized at least. As i walked through (don't remember why) i finally found a "hole" which was a gas slot window. Look through and i see the lamp in the room with the barrel rotating slowly, like the sun in the sky. I think thats how they diverged the fossil record, they made a world in a bottle so to speak, but the flow of time is vast. Theyve probably came close to the limits of cell division if they're too evolved.. being unable or slow to reproduce..

!

Moderator Note

OK - Sonjouten05.

Provide some of this evidence - if the next post does not contain something that we can view as potential evidence (assertion is never evidence , nor is some guys in russia say so, nor is grasping at unexplained and unwitnessed phenomena) then the thread will be locked. The evidence does not need to be irrefutable - but it must be able to be considered as potential evidence.

This is a science forum not a makestuffup forum

but chances are if any of all the unexplained ufo cases are to be believed (including by ex presidents and military personnel) what ever the beings were MORE than likely came from here.

There is no evidence that UFOs are anything other than unidentified. (That is what the U stands for. And that is all it stands for.)

"Time in a bottle " was a weird dream i had long ago.

Your dreams are irrelevant.

Just speculating.

That's not how we define speculation here. This is guessing. Anyone, anywhere can guess and talk to people about his/her guesses. But that doesn't make it interesting to people who like science. Science has a methodology for removing guesswork, for making our explanations more trustworthy. This is what people come here to discuss.

Without support from reality, it's not science. Sorry, but that's why we're here, that's why most people come here, to discuss science.