Is religion being picked on?

Jagella

So, you're saying there's some people who belong to a larger group of people who aren't behaving the way the whole group should behave? That's the focus?

Some atheists act much like the religious fundamentalists they criticize. That concerns me.

I certainly wouldn't have answered it. It was a stupid question. Just like, "Jagella, do you like asking stupid questions?" The answer to both is, "That's such a loaded question, I won't even dignify it with an answer".
Just use common sense. People don't normally complain about being "singled out" to do something they are doing or want to do. If people gripe about being exhorted to act morally and sensibly, then it's very possible that they don't want to act that way. I asked a fair question.
Please take this the right way, but you have a real problem with taking something someone said about a specific situation, and applying it liberally to every situation. To repeat myself, I said ridicule wasn't 100% ineffective. Why do you misinterpret that to mean you should just ridicule me for no reason to prevent me from being ridiculed?
As they say, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If you promote ridicule as a cure for others, then you need to be able to take your own medicine.
Jagella

If this thread has any point; it’s that you need to try harder.

I'm not the topic of this thread. That's an ad hominem.

Jagella