What are the differences of Microevolution and Macroevolution???...

I did NOT understand the last one:

"Note that evolutionism is never used in the Scientific Community"

WHAT do you mean with "evolutionism"???... The theory of Evolution???...

Sorry, that I have a lot of questions...

I have read a lot of Greek+German+English Books about Biology and about Evolution...

But I am NOT a Biology Student...

I only Like reading about Life !!!

When "-ism" is used after a word (from ancient Greek -ismós), it means "the practice of" or "the belief in". Since evolution is a fact of life, there's no need to "believe" in it, like it was a religion or a practice with followers.

In scientific discussions, it's not referred to as evolutionism, it's called the Theory of Evolution. That's where it's constantly changing and being updated as new information is discovered. Evolution happens, it's a fact, and the Theory of Evolution describes its mechanisms and processes.

Basically what Phi said. In the early days i.e. (19th century) evolutionism was used but it also entailed elements that are clearly not true (i.e. assumption of progressive improvement). As such it was ultimately dropped by the developing scientific community. It has been somewhat revived recently, typically by deniers.

Basically what Phi said. In the early days i.e. (19th century) evolutionism was used but it also entailed elements that are clearly not true (i.e. assumption of progressive improvement). As such it was ultimately dropped by the developing scientific community. It has been somewhat revived recently, typically by deniers.

Usually I hear "Darwinism" used by deniers, in an attempt to deride the theory by pointing out shortcomings in its earliest observations. Evolutionism was a new one for me. It sounds like it was coined by someone who thinks science is just another religion, which is a popular recent stance.

THANK You very-very much for your answers and your Help !!!

Can you please propose me a good Book about Biology or about Evolution???...

I have read the:

EVOLUTION from Douglas J.Futuyma

Denying Evolution form Massimo Pigliucci

and other Books from "Sinauer"...

THANK You

Have a nice Day - every Day!!!...

Usually I hear "Darwinism" used by deniers, in an attempt to deride the theory by pointing out shortcomings in its earliest observations. Evolutionism was a new one for me. It sounds like it was coined by someone who thinks science is just another religion, which is a popular recent stance.

it is a term that is mostly borne in social sciences in the 19th century following the assumption of a linear progression of society as proposed by Tylor, Morgan, Bachofen or Frazer. So technically it probably should be more discussed in the context of social Darwinism (another historic social science entity). Not that many creationists are careful in making these distinctions.

With regards to Evolution, to me the Futuyma is a pretty good go-to-read. From there it would be a question of how much depth and which aspects would be of most interest to you.