Universal Solution for Heroin Addiction

It's not that fafalone doesn't want to help existing addicts - he is merely suggesting that an educative interception approach that helps to stop people becoming addicted is preferable to an interventionary approach which may not necessarily help at all.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would it not be possible to manufacture something that gives the same "Hit" without the physical addiction and make it pharmacuitcaly pure to make it a perfect replacement WITHOUT the disease risk?

then make it available very cheaply, that will cut into the drug lords profit and put them out of business, then the only thing you`de need to deal with would be the ones psychologicaly addicted, it would at least cut the problem in half :)

Let me make my vision for drug policy clear:

All evidence suggests the best way to reduce drug addiction is taking all the money spent on prohibition, and putting it towards education programs, prevention programs that aren't propaganda like now, and treatment programs for addicts. I believe all three to be of equal importance.

crickitt said in post # :

Your mind is set on not dealing with the problem, you say it is their fault and that's just too bad. Well it is only 1/3 their fault, it is society, physically, and physcologically (obviously I don't know how to spell because in your mind I don't know anything anyway) All I am saying, is watching and trying to help someone addicted to heroin, it is very clear and obvious it is not entirely thier own fault. You are just saying all this stuff because you have been reading and studying it, obviously you have not been there and I am glad you haven't had to experience the nightmare of this. You sound completely unwilling to help anybody. I really care and truly want to help these people that suffer so much and way beyond your comprehension. You study your books and sound like you know everything, I don't think you do.

And your mind is set on not taking responsibility for your own actions. You're just using the classic "it's everyone elses fault because i refuse to acknowledge I made a mistake" attitude.

I assure you, I have quite a bit of first hand experience with people who have been addicted, and yes, I have used the drug in question.

It IS their own fault, at least at an unconscious level. In order to become physically addicted, you have to start a pattern of regular use.

stop all production of heroin? okay, to do that you'll need to attack all the opium fields all over the world, and risk the lives of many people, namely the soldiers who are going to need to fight the people who run these fields, in the process wasting lots of money.

Seems like the wrong solution to me.

Once you have a drug "problem" that consumes the country, you cant just stop it, you have to work with it.

Actually, just don't shoot heroin.

..not to mention that just stopping production would be impossible without a brutal totalitarian police state covering the entire world. Whenever the US takes down a major production field, another one ALWAYS pops up and takes its place. The supply has never been interrupted.

I think the gov't could add that Narcan stuff that counteracts heroin to the local water supplies along with chlorine and flouride in drug areas. That way the users just toss away their money and shoot the sellers for bad stuff.

Just aman

Before I comment on this can anybody tell me how long the withdrawal symptoms are likely to last. I understand that one never becomes entirely clear after an addiction but the point where one can return to living a 'normal' like.