INPG

Gambus Sage

This thread is about the grids posted in the original post. Why are you derailing the thread?

I'm looking for help with the grids. That is all. Please if you can help, do so. If not then thanks for trying?

I'm not derailing the thread, I am saying that it is not worth trying to find any "message" in the grids because it most likely is non-sense.

Well then.. I guess that's what I can expect from people who discuss mathematics? The earth being round was made up to fool the gullible then? Thanks for you input, sir.

The Earth was found to be round through legitimate mathematical equations and reasonable assertions.

The idea that the Earth is spherical originated in Ancient Greece, and the oldest reliable sources credit Pythagoras from the 6th century BCE. For seafaring people who navigated by the stars, though, the proof of a spherical world was abundant throughout antiquity.

As travellers sailed south, they saw constellations rising higher above the horizon. During a lunar eclipse, they could trace the circular shape of the Earth’s shadow on the Moon.

Not to mention ships returning to harbour: how else to explain why the tip of the mast was always the first bit to appear on the horizon?

The first person to prove a spherical Earth was Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan (left), whose expedition circumnavigated the globe in 1522, though sadly Magellan died before reaching the end.

http://www.howitworksdaily.com/who-first-discovered-the-world-was-round/

Not the best source of information, but the idea is on track. Ancient Greeks were the first to investigate the idea.

Edited by Unity+

I am too old for internet slang - can someone tell me what INPG means.

I gather it means something along the lines of "a professor of mathematics, a keen student of mathematics and assorted sciences buffs have all expressed doubt that my patterns have a mathematical basis so I am going to take my ball away and delete all my posts in a huff" - but I would be curious what it means exactly.

I gather it means something along the lines of "a professor of mathematics, a keen student of mathematics and and assorted sciences buffs have all expressed doubt that my patterns have a mathematical basis so I am going to take my ball away and delete all my posts in a huff" - but I would be curious what it means exactly.

Doesn't mean anything, sir. Decided to delete the posts because the information that I requested in the original post was not being discussed. The thread was intentionally derailed. I did not see an option to delete the thread or I would have done that.

Doesn't mean anything, sir. Decided to delete the posts because the information that I requested in the original post was not being discussed. The thread was intentionally derailed. I did not see an option to delete the thread or I would have done that.

Well I was considering reporting the downright rudeness of

1) Not replying to my questions (which were about your request)

2) Posting deliberate nonsense ("Doesn't mean anything sir")

I seem to have wasted my time and effort on your behalf.

Well I was considering reporting the downright rudeness of

1) Not replying to my questions (which were about your request)

2) Posting deliberate nonsense ("Doesn't mean anything sir")

I seem to have wasted my time and effort on your behalf.

I'm sorry I attempted to answer all requests that I could. If I missed something I do apologize. I may have misunderstood as English is not my native language.

Also, it doesn't actually mean anything. Random letters because like I said, I couldn't just delete the content.

And so however thank you for your correspondence and I owe to you that in the future I will not bring this to your board again.

I gather it means something along the lines of "a professor of mathematics, a keen student of mathematics and assorted sciences buffs have all expressed doubt that my patterns have a mathematical basis so I am going to take my ball away and delete all my posts in a huff" - but I would be curious what it means exactly.

I think you have provided The Clue to unlock The Mysteries of The Ancients ... I'm Not Playing this Game (INPG)

You feel your thread was derailed and perhaps you deserve a little more explanation.

1. My first thought was "why should there be any mathematical significance to those diagrams" ?

2. The cracking of some form of mathematical cypher or misdirection based on 14 instances and no basis for working is very difficult. Thus my second thought "Is there anymore?"

3. A scary portion of the stuff posted on the internet is made-up rubbish - with a significant subsection being a deliberate attempt to mislead, confuse, and dissemble. Thus my third "What is the possibility that there is no meaning other than artistic to the arrangement of squares.

My null hypothesis is that the squares mean nothing; repetition of them around the world and throughout time would make me question the null and advance the alternative that there is meaning, as would them being presented in a serious academic (amateur or otherwise) context.

It seems that others took a similar view - which could be expressed another way "Nothing jumps out at me - is there any reason I should spend more time thinking about this problem?"

Is there any reason not to believe the null hypothesis?

You feel your thread was derailed and perhaps you deserve a little more explanation.

1. My first thought was "why should there be any mathematical significance to those diagrams" ?

2. The cracking of some form of mathematical cypher or misdirection based on 14 instances and no basis for working is very difficult. Thus my second thought "Is there anymore?"

3. A scary portion of the stuff posted on the internet is made-up rubbish - with a significant subsection being a deliberate attempt to mislead, confuse, and dissemble. Thus my third "What is the possibility that there is no meaning other than artistic to the arrangement of squares.

My null hypothesis is that the squares mean nothing; repetition of them around the world and throughout time would make me question the null and advance the alternative that there is meaning, as would them being presented in a serious academic (amateur or otherwise) context.

It seems that others took a similar view - which could be expressed another way "Nothing jumps out at me - is there any reason I should spend more time thinking about this problem?"

Is there any reason not to believe the null hypothesis?

Thank you for this response. Without more information the purpose cannot be explained. Your analysis makes clear what should've been clear already. Thank you for your correspondence.

My initial guess, with no context, was that they might be part of one of those (so called) IQ tests - you know, find the next pattern.

Then I though they could be patterns from Conway's Game of Life. But the diagonal squares ruled that out.

With the context now available, I assume they are meaningless.

Edited by Strange