is it worthful to preserve my stem cells when i am young?

wanghankun

As all of you guys know, mutation accumulates as our cells divides, which might be a big factor of why we age.

Brain cells however, mostly do not divide at all. Therefore it may not mutated as much as other cells.

The progress we are making in organ engineering and genetics and other biological field may increase the lifespan of human to indefinite. However, these technologies requires to use our genetic informations, and ofcourse it is important to use the unmutated ones. I am young (17 years old) and i want to live long enough to live forever.

Therefore my question is: is it worthful to preserve my stem cells when i am young? If it is worthful, how and which company preserve them?

If it is not worthful, please tell me why it is not worthful. (maybe we can use the genetic information from our brain cells since its not mutated as much. im not sure.)

There are already people who store stem cells from their children after birth (using cord blood). Getting stem cells from other sources or older children is way trickier and hardly done (at least not commercially as far as I am aware of).

Probably, but why bother?

Every cell in your body has a copy of those chromosomes. It would be much easier to extract them than to make them.

because our chromosomes mutates. And it is important to use the unmutated chromosomes to produce organs.

i know that different type of cells divide in different rate. lets take brain cell for example, mostly dont divide at all. so maybe in the future when we want to get the healthier chromosomes we have to open our skulls to get some brain cell. which sucks.

so here comes my question, is it worthful to preserver my cells right now so i can use them in the future for organ replacement or whatever.

Cellular replication is only one source of potential damage and IMO not a primary source. Your immune system typically policies things to keep cells from becoming too abnormal. Worst case you could compare multiple cells and determine how the original dna would have likely appeared, then select based on that.

Generally as long as the introduced cells are close enough, they'll pass muster with the immune system. As you can receive organ transplants from family members, your immune system isn't that exacting. There's even studies of parasite immune system evasion going on, so might not be an issue at all down the line.

Only way I could see a potential issue would be in terms of organ harvesting. Organ printing is likely going to be the better option in the future though so I'm not seeing it as a major issue myself.