atoms

mousser69

The beginning started w/ hydrogen, but then was shown a molecule with an intermittent electron? Im curious about what this was, and didn't record the show.

The closest thing I can think of is that quantum mechanics says we don't know where the electron is when we aren't observing it.

The closest thing I can think of is that quantum mechanics says we don't know where the electron is when we aren't observing it.

ok, I have a theory of where the electron is, and why you cant observe it. I got the idea while watching the iss pass overhead. So, can you listen to my theory, or point me in the right direction. And when I mean listen, just let me write it, and then have someone try the equation ? Edited by mousser69

It is typically explained via particle-wave duality.

This:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_orbital#Electron_properties

provides a good overview.

I'll be honest, I despair of any insights spontaneously arising without the person having a firm grounding in a subject. Universe runs on its own terms and cares not a whit for human understanding. If you still want to though, you can open a new thread in Speculations and people can critic your hypothesis there.

Edited by Endy0816

ok, I have a theory of where the electron is, and why you cant observe it. I got the idea while watching the iss pass overhead. So, can you listen to my theory, or point me in the right direction. And when I mean listen, just let me write it, and then have someone try the equation ?

You are free to post such an idea in Speculations.