photon frequency?

ydoaPs

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do physics in photon rest frames' date=' in which the speed of a particular photon is zero. QED

[/quote']

LOL

Johnny, the "D" in "QED" stands for "Demonstratum", which you haven't done.

Anyway, you are wrong. There is no coordinate system definable in SR in which the photon is at rest. There is no way to bring a "frame" moving at speed c to rest with a change of coordinates, which is what you would have to demonstrate to put the "D" after the "QE".

LOL

Johnny' date=' the "D" in "QED" stands for "[i']Demonstratum[/i]", which you haven't done.

Anyway, you are wrong. There is no coordinate system definable in SR in which the photon is at rest. There is no way to bring a "frame" moving at speed c to rest with a change of coordinates, which is what you would have to demonstrate to put the "D" after the "QE".

If the photon exists, then it exists in its own rest frame. But yeah I didn't demonstrandum it at all, then again I knew that.

LOL

Johnny' date=' the "D" in "QED" stands for "[i']Demonstratum[/i]", which you haven't done.

The D is not for "dynamics"?

johnny, so, special relativity is completely wrong just because you say it is? all the tests that prove it pretty much beyond a shadow of a doubt are wrong because you want them to be?

No i have a reason why it's wrong.

please enlighten us.

The answer has to do with simultaneity, it's absolute not relative. See barn and ladder contradiction.

You cannot fit a twenty foot ladder inside a ten foot barn, I don't care how fast you run.

Then put up or shut up' date=' Johnny5, you're annoying the other members and wasting everyone's time.

Trolling the forum has consequences. This is your only warning before suspension.[/quote']

I did give the reason, barn and ladder paradox, look up.

And I'm not trolling.

The barn and ladder paradox is a legitimate gripe with the theory of SR. At any rate I am enjoying my posts here, and they are only meant to increase my understanding of physics, so it would be a shame if you take that away from me, when in fact you cannot fit a twenty foot ladder inside of a ten foot barn.

And one more thing... I am trying to figure something out. See my post entitled "Important question about possible violation of Newton's third law."

I am actually working on something. I am trying to figure something out. That happens to be the most important post I've ever made here for me, and no one has responded to it yet.

The answer has to do with simultaneity' date=' it's absolute not relative. See barn and ladder contradiction.

You cannot fit a twenty foot ladder inside a ten foot barn, I don't care how fast you run.[/quote']

I already gave you a link explaining why you are wrong about this. The barn and ladder "paradox" is not a paradox in SR.

Once again, you are allowing your false a priori assumptions to cloud your judgment.

I already gave you a link explaining why you are wrong about this. The barn and ladder "paradox" is not a paradox in SR.

Once again' date=' you are allowing your false [i']a priori[/i] assumptions to cloud your judgment.

I read that link, the professor there was from Princeton. But... still... according to SR, If I built a million mile starship, and got it to just the right speed, it would be smaller than the Planck length.

Let it be a 5000 trillion mile long starship. Still, if we get it moving fast enough, it will fit on the head of a pin.

Please see my post entitled Important question on Newton's third law violations. It happens to be something I'm working quite feverishly on, and I actually need help.

And I'm not trolling.

Trolling is exactly what you're doing. It's the reason you are suspended from Physics Forums' date=' and I wouldn't blame the administration here one bit if they did the same.

At any rate I am enjoying my posts here, and they are only meant to increase my understanding of physics, so it would be a shame if you take that away from me, when in fact you cannot fit a twenty foot ladder inside of a ten foot barn.

Really? It sure looks to me like you are here to tell everyone why they are wrong, rather than increase your knowledge of physics. In fact, you've got the smug certainty of someone who thinks they don't need to increase their knowledge, when it's painfully obvious that you need it more than most.

I read that link' date=' the professor there was from Princeton. But... still... according to SR, If I built a million mile starship, and got it to just the right speed, it would be smaller than the Planck length.

Let it be a 5000 trillion mile long starship. Still, if we get it moving fast enough, it will fit on the head of a pin.[/quote']

Yes, that's right, in a particular reference frame.

Really? It sure looks to me like you are here to tell everyone why they are wrong' date=' rather than increase your knowledge of physics. In fact, you've got the smug certainty of someone who thinks they don't need to increase their knowledge, when it's painfully obvious that you need it more than most.[/quote']

I'm not here to tell anyone they are wrong, I actually need help on something which I am working on. There is no need to beat around the bush. I want to figure out a way to accelerate people from rest to 1000g, and then have that ship maintain that acceleration in the original frame in which the ship was at rest, but have their weight inside the ship be equivalent to their weight on earth, throughout the accelerative process.

From your point of view this is impossible, but my questions would be along the lines of logic. What would have to be true, for this to be done. Which current theories of physics would permit it to be possible, and which current theories of physics wouldn't permit it to be possible. I have those types of questions.

This may be too tall of an order for anyone to fill, but still it is what I personally am working on. I still haven't figured out everything which needs to be true in order for this to be done, but I have made some progress.

I'm not here to tell anyone they are wrong' date=' I actually need help on something which I am working on. There is no need to beat around the bush. I want to figure out a way to accelerate people from rest to 1000g, and then have that ship maintain that acceleration in the original frame in which the ship was at rest, but have their weight inside the ship be equivalent to their weight on earth, throughout the accelerative process.

From your point of view this is impossible, but my questions would be along the lines of logic. What would have to be true, for this to be done. Which current theories of physics would permit it to be possible, and which current theories of physics wouldn't permit it to be possible. I have those types of questions.[/quote']

It's nice that you're not trying to crush them! :D

You need a "human magnet" that will accelerate all parts of the body equally with no significant internal stresses. Can't see that being plausible.

Where did you get that idea from?

"Accelerate all parts of the body equally, with no significant internal stresses" this seems correct.