plasmodium life cycle

Ankit Gupta

From the perspective of Evolution there are tradeoffs between sexual and asexual reproduction. Sexual reproduction allows recombination to occur, creating new combinations of beneficial alleles while allowing harmful mutations to be unlinked and purged. Plasmodium has a life cycle where it reproduces asexually in humans, but undergoes sexual reproduction in mosquitos.

Not all single celled organisms reproduce asexually. Many Eukaryotic single celled organisms have a sexual reproductive cycle, even yeast.

Not all single celled organisms reproduce asexually. Many Eukaryotic single celled organisms have a sexual reproductive cycle, even yeast.

would u please explain it more
i know about its life cycle i only wanted to know about that gamete stage which was surprising me

would u please explain it more

i know about its life cycle i only wanted to know about that gamete stage which was surprising me

Exactly what would you like explained? Sexual reproduction is not about having sexual organs like you and I or having sex as we think about it. Its a genetic/molecular process where different genomes are allowed to come together, producing new combinations. This occurs at the single-celled and multicellular levels of life.

Exactly what would you like explained? Sexual reproduction is not about having sexual organs like you and I or having sex as we think about it. Its a genetic/molecular process where different genomes are allowed to come together, producing new combinations. This occurs at the single-celled and multicellular levels of life.

its first time i read about sexual reproduction in single celled organism so i have asked why and how it happens

its first time i read about sexual reproduction in single celled organism so i have asked why and how it happens

How it happens depends on the organism, but gametes often fuse in the same ways they do for humans and other animals. Why it happens is complex, but ultimately it has to do with the advantage that comes with producing new recombinations of advantageous alleles and eliminating deleterious ones.

!

Moderator Note

Rajnish, it's a bit rich for someone who seems to struggle so much with using Google to be posting these sorts of links in threads. It stops. If you can't read the questions being asked or contribute an actual answer, please refrain from posting.

Ankit Gupta, you might find this interesting, cillate Tetrahymena, has seven separate sexes...

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/04/25/how-does-an-organism-get-seven-sexes/

SciSource_BV2389-as-Smart-Object-1-copy-

ya it was interesting but then how do we find the sexes of an organism I thought it would be DNA but the DNA of all the seven sexes were some if I m not wrong.