Prince Charles & Camilla??

coquina

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not,im English.

Charles marrying the women ,who caused the breakdown of his marriage to Diana.Is wholly inapropriate.But as they are no laws broken who cares,however i feel in the long term this will be the beginning of the end for our monarchy.The only possible way of rescuing the situation is for William to be our next king.

If Diana were still alive,it would still be inapropriate.

Whats even a harder smack in the face,is Camila has recieved the Queen mothers beloved ring for an engagement ring.

excuse me, GLAAuuRGel , that was me vomitting on my keyboard!

The only possible way of rescuing the situation is for William to be our next king.
Do you think this will happen? That could be very interesting.
excuse me, GLAAuuRGel , that was me vomitting on my keyboard!
Now wait a minute, wasn't GLAAuuRGel the elven prince from that Tolkien story? The English monarchy is soooo confusing!

To be serious Phi,i think it will happen.The queen has a few years left yet.Although Charles desperately wants to be king,I think he has blown it with the miss ugly saga.

He used to be my favourite royal till the divorce.Im all for the monarchy yet i feel when we lose our Queen it could be over.Thats why i hope William is king,I dont know whether fellow subjects agree with me but i think William will be a great king.

do you think that will and harry are really happy about the remarrying or are just saying that? i dont know why the archbishop said yes to the marriage in the first place.

I think not,its a personal matter who knows what they actually think.

I know i would thoroughly hate the bitch.She has no morals

Camila was Charles first love,IMO they were both single and should of married.The fact is they didnt,she married another and so did he.She ruined her own marriage and then ruined the marriage of Charles and Diana.Using the oldest of decietfull rituals,befriending Diana.

Logically i cannot see William and Harry liking her.I think if they seem to, it may be out of love for their father.

I used to like Charles & Diana & thought what a great example to us all until the ugliness set in IMHO now I don't really care what they do I just hope the lads (Charle's sons) are o.k. with idea of it... & that they don't feel offended but after this; Charles as King......Nah :-(

Poor Diana. What was done to her was truly dreadful. The marriage was contracted with bad faith on Charles' part. Think of it, an innocent 19 year old thinks she is going to become a fairy tale princess and live happily ever after and instead she gets a husband who is fixated on a hag.

Someone should have told her the Royals were conducting business and that the dress, the carriage, and the cathedral were windowdressing.

Perhaps Harry has a soul . . .

To be totally honest, I don't think that Charles and Diana ever had a chance. Do any of you think that your marraige would survive the media circus they were subjected to?

I don't know how it is in Britain, but the women's mags are still running Di stories down here. It's disgusting.

Coral, has it ever occurred to you that Charles might be just as much trapped by the system as Di was?

I couldn`t care less, they`ve done nothing to or for me, so why should I?

my wife on the other hand, Hates her. and so while everyone`s at the wedding throwing rice and confetti, She`d like to be there throwing gravel and abuse :)

To be totally honest' date=' I don't think that Charles and Diana ever had a chance. Do any of you think that your marraige would survive the media circus they were subjected to?

I don't know how it is in Britain, but the women's mags are still running Di stories down here. It's disgusting.

Coral, has it ever occurred to you that Charles might be just as much trapped by the system as Di was?[/quote']

I've no doubt he was even more trapped by the system before he married her than she was. After all, she could have said no. Many nineteen year olds would not have wanted him at all, prince or not. Let's face it, he is all ears. But once she, for some reason, was able to find him attractive ( :eek: ), then she was trapped not by the system but by the naive fantasies that girls have and the culture nurtures.

The reason I blame Charles more (and as I am writing this I do wonder who cares ??? but we do seem to . . . ) is because he had thirteen years on her. He knew the system, he knew the strength of his attachment to Camilla, and he knew that nineteen year olds don't understand that the prince must have a mistress. To marry her without fully enlightening her was to operate in bad faith. One could argue easily that all nineteen year olds are naive and thus it is no crime.

But I admit to being stuffy sometimes. I don't like the ideas of old guys taking advantage of young women. I used to chase them away from my daughter before she moved away and gave me no chance to busy body about her life.

She said that the alliances to produce future kings were more like business deals than love affairs. It was understood that once the job of "Royal Brood Mare" had been fulfilled, both parties often took lovers but it was kept discrete.

I doubt seriously that Charles told Diana about Camilla - if he did, she probably had the idea that she could win him over and all would live happily ever after.

At any rate - in this day of telephoto lenses and practically instantanious world wide broadcasting, all it took was something to come up on an otherwise slow news day to start the ball rolling.

I do think Diana took revenge on Charles by leaking stories to the press, but it hurt her as much or more as it did him.

Mom said the royals were inbred too much anyway, and that they should just be allowed to marry for love and be done with it.